Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2022 9:59:30 PM EDT
So...who do we get in touch with to bring suit against the permit system in NY? NYSRPA again?

I'll be a plaintiff. The scheme to purchase new guns and put them on my permit is onerous, expensive, delayed often, and time consuming.

The Thomas decision clearly says the issue is ripe in the text.

The AWB and magazine issues are already ready to be GVR'd by the supreme court...so those should be covered...

But the specifics of the NY permit system probably need to be its own special lawsuit since it's much more particular.

Or is NYSRPA planning to bring some sort of blanket suit against SAFE and the newest set of laws all at once?

If so I'll just keep on donating.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I think all of us are willing to sue.

Its just a matter of finding lawyers and money.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think all of us are willing to sue.

Its just a matter of finding lawyers and money.
View Quote

I think the good news is that any lawsuit should not be as expensive or lengthy this time around because the lower courts have a very clear roadmap that they must follow.

It's not wishy-washy like Heller.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#4]
There should be a class action civil lawsuit to recover all fees associated with buying a firearm.  One should not have to pay to exercise a right.

Eta: if training (or anything else) is required, it must be free of charge to the citizen and available in a timely manner. A right delayed is a right denied.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One should not have to pay to exercise a right.
View Quote
While I agree, recall it took the 24th Amendment to eliminate taxes on voting: an enumerated right in the core of the Constitution. It will probably take a court order to eliminate fees on exercising 2A rights. We will never get an amendment if that fails.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top