Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2022 11:31:26 AM EDT
More fuckery driving people out of the state.  Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act.

No new gasoline automobile sales beginning in 2035.
Converting NY's trucks, buses, construction and farm equipment to zero (local) emissions.
Implementing mileage-based user fees to discourage driving and replace declining gas tax revenue due to an increase of electric vehicles.
No new natural gas service to existing buildings beginning in 2024.
New gas within newly constructed buildings beginning in 2024.
No new gas appliances for home heating, cooking, water heating, clothes drying in single family dwellings beginning in 2030..

I added the (local) part because polluting elsewhere is still a-ok (lithium mines, chinese factories, etc).
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Are there solid reliable and affordable and readily available alternatives already in place or are we all just fucked?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you really have to ask?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Who run Bartertown?  NYC run Bartertown.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Hahaha!!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#6]
It will be hilarious around 2030 when a major cold snap hits NYC. All the new buildings turn on their electric heat and the grid collapses along with manhole explosions. It will be glorious!
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
2035?  LOL.  We won't have a functioning society or country anymore by that time.  Don't worry.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:25:35 AM EDT
[#8]
This nation is morphing into something I no longer recognize. The insanity of these elected officials to think with the stroke of a pen they can dictate every aspect of our lives.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#9]
And no coal plants or Nuke plants you get solar and wind mills to power all these..  

Sorry we can’t plow the streets anymore it takes 24 hours to recharge the mini pickup trucks due to only solar and wind working 10 hours a day.  

We are getting to the point of two solutions hang them or revolt
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing's gonna change until there's a violent reaction.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing's gonna change until there's a violent reaction.
View Quote

What do you think the communists are hoping for?  The perfect excuse to impose martial law and violently crush conservative opposition.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What do you think the communists are hoping for?  The perfect excuse to impose martial law and violently crush conservative opposition.
View Quote
The older I get, the more OK I am with my own mortality.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The older I get, the more OK I am with my own mortality.
View Quote
I turn 60 shortly and I have been having the same feeling too of late. The thought of a giant meteor or Putin pushing the button does not rile me up like it did when I was younger.

I remember seeing this meme about two years ago and it is kind of right:

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Knowing I'll probably kick it before I'm 80 means I have just over 30 years to....
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Knowing I'll probably kick it before I'm 80 means I have just over 30 years to....
View Quote
Both grandfathers lived to 76 and my father a little over 75. All died from things that are still fatal (stroke, pulmonary embolism, cancer). Granted I am in better shape at my age then they were at the same age due to better medical care in the last half century and I do a lot of long bike trips to stay active.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Wasn’t three contiguous governors and a Lt governor lost to corruption enough warning to leave?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top