Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2022 1:50:46 PM EDT
Want to buy a few aftermarket glock pattern pistol lower frames. They are serialized 100% stripped lowers that transfer to an ffl. Only concern i have is they are pistol lowers with no caliber designation, can't seem to find any info on that.
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
My county (Monroe) allows it. There is an option to add just a pistol "recover/frame only" to your license. Then I guess when you turn it into a final handgun you can amend the permit with they info (caliber etc.).

I think most counties allow it since lots of manufacturers have stripped frame/receiver sales.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
As a general rule it can get transferred as a frame, no caliber designation, no barrel length, etc. No different than transferred a Contender frame without a barrel. ...but some counties may not go along with that. Some of them seem to make up their own rules as they go along.
The critical part is the serialized frame issue. No FFL is going to want to deal with non-serialized frames with the new rules requiring that they get serial numbers put on anything that comes across their threshold.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Action - semi-auto
Caliber - list any and all calibers that the frame can handle that you plan on shooting out of it.
Barrel Length - whatever you plan on building upon it

That's how you make it happen unless your county is so cucked you have to bring it in for inspection first.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Jefferson county allowed me to do it with an Anderson AR lower for an AR pistol, and I listed a 556 and 300BO barrel.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have done this a few times in Albany County. Just told the gun shop to add the calibers that I may possibly shoot on those frames to the paperwork. My permit just lists it as a g17 caliber 9mm/.40 S&W. The people at the clerk's desk know nothing about guns so whatever is on the paperwork is what they go with.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I've even added a paperweight to my permit with a serial of "FUAC87"
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't see why they would care. What if I buy a complete glock and decide to upgrade my slide to a slide that was milled for a red dot? I sell my original slide before my new slide arrives in the mail. That shouldn't matter at all to the permit office, as long as the caliber of the new slide is the same as the caliber listed on my permit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't see why they would care. What if I buy a complete glock and decide to upgrade my slide to a slide that was milled for a red dot? I sell my original slide before my new slide arrives in the mail. That shouldn't matter at all to the permit office, as long as the caliber of the new slide is the same as the caliber listed on my permit.
View Quote

Don't challenge this state to find a reason to make life harder on us, because they'd be happy to. Wait until the day when your slide and barrel have to be serialized and match each other. Because I'm sure the state would love to pass that law
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top