Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2021 1:23:43 PM EDT
Recently sold a M1 Carbine to a NY resident. He has a C&R FFL which is normally no problem but I started seeing things saying that a C&R was meaningless since the SAFE act was passed and that everything must go through a 01FFL.

Anyone shed any light?
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#2]
pistols are a no-no long arms are good to go.  I have had rifles shipped to me on my C&R post-safe. Its an FFL but limited in scope.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, a C&R FFL was made useless by Cumhole and the Unsafe Act.  I has to go through an 01FFL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yes, a C&R FFL was made useless by Cumhole and the Unsafe Act.  I has to go through an 01FFL.
I am so hoping that a favorable ruling in NYSRPA v Bruen will open the floodgates of lawsuits against all this but I will be long gone by the time any of the dust is settled. So far the only petition still open at SCOTUS that does relate to part of the SAFE Act is Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs v. Grewal (20-1507) that deals with New Jersey's ban on standard capacity magazines. No petitions related to MSR's have been denied or are pending.

An article on the Duke Center for Firearms Law has an interesting statement about the still pending cases:
... I think ANJRP (a challenge to NJ's ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds) and Young (a challenge to Hawaii's good-cause regime for open carry) look like they may be candidates for the Supreme Court's further consideration about the Second Amendment's scope. One point worth emphasizing is that Bruen (and Young) concern open questions about where weapons can go, and ANJRP concerns open questions about what weapons can be owned, ...
It would probably take a minimum of ten years for this to percolate through the system and, in the meantime, even more restrictions will have been heaped on in the meantime.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#4]
See, one guy says its no good, one guy says its good to go. Finding similar results calling around to different agencies
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
See, one guy says its no good, one guy says its good to go. Finding similar results calling around to different agencies
View Quote

You won't get a clear answer, but I have it on good authority that Midway honored NY C and R in their recent M1 carbine sale.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top