Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 3:50:06 PM EDT
I want to build a non-AW AR, using an ARES SCR lower, and want to permanently attach a muzzle device that isn't a thread protector.
I have a brand new Bravo M4 Carbine upper I bought awhile back, and want to use this for the build.  I've already cut off the bayo lug and grinded off my threads, as per SAFE Act guidelines published on the website.
I will peen and square up this device ,as necessary, to the muzzle, weld in place, etc,... but I just need to FIND one.

I've seen the fake suppressors, but what I really want is just a solid device, shaped like an A2 flash hider, just SOLID, same internal dimensions as a thread protector.
I can't seem to find one.  I'm getting to the point where I just may machine one myself..  

We have these for M14s, they're solid versions of flash hiders are are basically "barrel ornaments", and I've already converted my M14s (Before the legal SAFE ACT date) utilizing these devices set screwed in place after grinding off the muzzle threads.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
On ebay right now. Just search fake a2 flash hider.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271738736204
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Thx... Just sent an offer.  Never thought to check EGay.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:18:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]
$28 for an unfinished $8 A2 birdcage.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Thread protector
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thread protector
View Quote
It's silly that they're $15 locally, or $8-12 on amazon or other places.  It's a parkerized round nut.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I think I paid in the neighborhood of 5-10 at Tims but this was a year or two ago. Bought a couple different ones to match different barrel profiles.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#10]
There's also this one, which is long enough to make a 14.5" barrel legal once pinned/welded.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
$28 for an unfinished $8 A2 birdcage.  

View Quote

Time-quantity-popularity all factor into the equation. During the Federal AW ban I couldn't give away A1 or A2 muzzle devices while getting good money for muzzle Brakes.

Unless it's reversed back in the next Court ruling, the "Break" spelling that nullified the "Muzzle Brake" portion of the un-SAFE Act makes any permanently attached device a moot point.

I've got lots of Izzy Brakes, "Bird cage" and other muzzle devices, taps to thread, both a lathe and Milling machine that I could use to make them, but if you think I'm going to freeze my nuts off in a below zero garage for ten bucks then you are sadly mistaken.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#12]
It's also odd that an A1 or A2 birdcage is a "flash hider"  it does nothing of the sort.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top