Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 4:10:05 AM EDT
http://nraila.org/news-issues/in-the-news/2013/12/how-government-officials-doom-gun-registration-laws.aspx

How government officials doom gun registration laws

Posted on December 12, 2013

The problem for gun control advocates is that they keep promising that no way will registration lead to confiscation of firearms, even as it does just that. The Brady Campaign's Dennis A. Henigan accuses the National Rifle Association of peddling "fear" for even raising the possibility. In the New York Times, Charles Blow calls such concerns "cultural paranoia."
Yet gun owners seem to have legitimate worries. Hundreds of New York City residents are receiving, and publicizing, letters demanding the surrender, not of scary "assault weapons," whatever arbitrary definition may locally apply to that slippery term, but of target rifles and cowboy guns. Among the forbidden items gleaned from New York City registration lists and ordered to be surrendered or removed from city limits are the bolt-action Marlin 25N, and lever-action Browning 92 and Winchester 94 rifles. Semi-automatic rifles of the plinking variety, such as the AR-7, have been targeted, too.

Read the article: Reason
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:25:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Yea . . .. .. .and  that's  supposed  to  be  news  to  us ?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]
“Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option." - Andrew Cuomo, December 2012
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#3]
What these people fail to mention is that confiscation is ALREADY IN THE LAW. If you register your evil weapons, you cannot legally pass them on to even your CHILDREN. The state confiscates the weapons once you die. It's the same confiscation, just a bit delayed.

FUAC!!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Worth while read, some of the commenters are mental defectives though (in the full article).
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I am going to tell you why I think NYC is hell-bent on getting ALL guns out of the City in just one word: Collapse.
Those in control want to keep it that way and the best way to insure there's no resistance is to dis-arm.
Fuck that; if NYC is "Utopia" I'd rather go to Hell.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am going to tell you why I think NYC is hell-bent on getting ALL guns out of the City in just one word: Collapse.
Those in control want to keep it that way and the best way to insure there's no resistance is to dis-arm.
View Quote

Chicago part 2.. let them all rot
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
" Cultural paranoia?" Fuck you Blow, it's happening right in front of our eye's.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well let's not forget the major cities of California, the North East and even the mid-West.
Is it just my paranoia that see them  targeting the States/Cities with the highest numbers of FSA residents?

National Traffic Safety Board has concluded that short of catastrophic failure due to an explosive device (bomb or missile) that Airliners crash due to an aggregate of events....well this Country is aboard a Dreamliner, and the Pilot is screaming "Allah-Akbar".  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top