Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 8:42:58 AM EDT
Your tax dollars working to collect the other dollars we could not collect thru taxes.

People should not drive while on the phone, but we all know that this is just for revenue.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree. My fellow motorcycle riders typically disagree. Strongly. Then again, they hate cars.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#2]
It's distracting, and considering the level of attention your average person devotes to driving while off the phone, I would prefer if they remained without one more task to distract them.  Speaker phone is not that difficult.  This is not a seat belt or helmet law the primary impact of this form of stupid behavior directly impacts others on a regular and continuing basis.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
why should I be punished because someone else can not drive safely while on the phone?  There are already laws saying reckless driving is illegal.  Its another feel good revenue generator

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

why should I be punished because someone else can not drive safely while on the phone?  There are already laws saying reckless driving is illegal.  Its another feel good revenue generator

Exactly.  If they really wanted it to stop the fine would be $1000.

On the other hand, I firmly believe there are drivers who can talk on the phone while driving and ones who can't even drive at ALL.

And no offense to the LEOs on this board, but as for the LEO exemption, I am sure there are ones who really are on duty phone calls while driving patrol cars, but I am sure there are ones who aren't.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
What are you guys complaining about? I didn't get the new NYC Cell phone memo. What are they doing now ?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#6]
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/03/15/nypd-cracks-down-on-drivers-using-cell-phones/

Quoted:

What are you guys complaining about? I didn't get the new NYC Cell phone memo. What are they doing now ?

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:49:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Scum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top