Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 5:18:41 AM EDT
Friend is looking for a M4 style AR NIB with a budget od $850, Rochester area. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to the Rochester Gunshow September 26-27
Buy a "kit" from Sherluk
Look around and buy a stripped lower from one of the Dealers there.
Assemble & enjoy all for under * $850.
* Keep in mind that the more add-ons you want the more expensive it gets.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Order it online and have it sent to a local FFL. The savings in sales tax will more than pay for the transfer fee.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say build! a complete upper in ban compliant is around 500 for something half decent- a stripped lower can be had for 100-the lower parts kit and stock for another 100-that puts you at 700 no problem
not too many makers do a ban compliant ar for under 850 that I know of
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:03:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Spikes Tactical builds a heck of an M4 or Midlength on a budget
Stag Arms is another choice
Pete at Legal Transfers sells RRA for about the best price around.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Build one, its way more rewarding.

I had good luck with DelTon. I built an M4 kit with a preban reciever for about $900; I got the brand new DT upper with a b/bc/ch for $350 or $375 i believe.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Have him get one of those BCM midlength uppers than includes BCG, FSC556 attached for around 650 shipped. Pick up a stripped lower, a parts kit, handguards, DD fixed BUIS  and a fixed stock kit (I prefer a RRA stubby). That might be a little north of 850 but it would make for a great base AR that he will have for a long time.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I also vote for build. In the end you WILL spend more than a basic, off-the-shelf AR, but you get to spread the cost out over several weeks or months. One paycheck buy the lower, the next paycheck by the upper receiver, the next, the barrel, the next, a stock, etc. And the best thing is you can customize it exactly the way you want it. Prices have come down a lot so now is the time to stock up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I built mine from a receiver purchased from the rochester gun show, then pete from legal transfers got me a stag upper for 500 plus parts kit was under 850 so thats your best bet
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#9]
There is one on armslist  it is in victor ny
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#10]
i just built an "M4" for my cousin for around 580,  that is using some extra parts I had laying around that I sold him for dirt cheap.  

this is minus the tools needed since I already had them all

did take about 4 months to source all the parts at decent enough prices..  most came off of here

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:11:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the input. I would love to build one but friend is concerned about reliability and still suspicious of the AR. He qualified expert with it in the Army but "lost" his in vietnam and drew an m-14 to replace it. bottom line is he wants new. We are headed to over to Allstar and I'll see if a more experienced builder will put his concerns to rest.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#12]
The guys at Allstar Tactical spend a fair bit of time shooting what they build. I have seen a number of their guns in area classes. They should do fine by you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#13]
If I can build one, anybody can. Seriously, it is pretty easy and you don't need a lot of tools.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top