Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2008 1:10:34 PM EDT
Any thoughts on using Chesters in Ronkonkoma to purchase a Bushie M4 $1190 plus tax.  I passed by the store and decided to check it out. Appreciate the advice.  

Link Posted: 11/14/2008 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
did you check Gun and Ammo in Bohemia??Brian has alot and good prices.Bought mine there in April,$1049 if I remember right
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I checked him out He only has Colt post bans M&P15"s  
Guess I shouldn't complain though its better than nothing.  

Link Posted: 11/14/2008 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
check out Benson's gun shop id Coram. I bought my Bushmaster from them. They are nice people to deal with. I don't care for the attitude in Chesters  - so I buy elswhere.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Also  Sportsman in Smithtown on middle country road had some I think too when I was there tuesday
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I found Guns and Ammo off of sunrise to be pretty expensive. I'm a reg. at chesters so i've had decently priced buys off of him.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I went into Bensons in Coram about 6 months ago and was pleasantly suprised.  No push to sell, chatty guy at the counter, and prices that I looked at were reasonable.  I just go to t and t in seaford, but thats not worth your car drive as prices should be comparable and doing business in a local shop helps us all.  Unfortunately I was in a hunting mode and can not recall if they have EBRs at all )-:
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#7]
My Priorities are all screwed up.  I should be in full buck fever mode but here I am panicking over the AR scenario.  Goin up to Petersburg in Rennselaer county in 2 days for the fury f––––in four legged creatures.  I just dont want to come back from the hunt and I find out everybody jacked up the prices or worse yet thy're completely out of stock.

Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Chester's = Fail.  That guy is a douche. YMMV
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't even go to LISC unless you want to pay out your ass.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

LISC is awful, bunch of a-holes..not to mention white trash hangout.

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:17:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll check out Bensons in Croam today.  Opener for rifle this morning.  Obviously not out in the woods.  Thanks again for the info.  Mr. Chester couldn't  seem to care less about my questions I had. I guess he moves so many guns that he doesn't need to be customer friendly.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 4:09:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do they even stay in business?
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I know a lot of guys dislike American on 110, but I've bought all my guns there when I lived in NY.

Ask to speak to Jose ( I think he's the manager ), and tell him "Johnny the Kid" sent you.

Although given the current panic buying all over the country, I'm not sure how great of a deal you are going to get anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do they even stay in business?

The other half of the shop contains an OK shooting range complete with a very leaky roof, minimal ventilation, and shit lighting.  I believe they are charging 12/hr. to shoot.  Frankly I don't know how they stay in business.  I've never bought a thing from the shop as it's quite over priced.  The "assault rifle"  collection is OK, read minimal, but stupid expensive.

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#15]
The Suffolk Sportsman in Smithtown. Great group of guy's and extremley EBR friendly, located right on mainstreet in smithtown, go!
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The Suffolk Sportsman in Smithtown. Great group of guy's and extremley EBR friendly, located right on mainstreet in smithtown, go!
Man, I wished they were there when I lived in St. James.

If it weren't for the gun laws there, I'd still be in St. James.

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Anybody know if they have a website?
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anybody know if they have a website?
I don't think so.  Nothing on Google.

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#19]
The prices are a little high at the Suffolk Sportsman. Good shop but not much of a selection and long arm transfers are $40. They had a couple RRA midlengths and Bushy M4s a couple weeks ago but that was before the election. Not sure if the panic buying has  affected them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Any thoughts on using Chesters in Ronkonkoma to purchase a Bushie M4 $1190 plus tax.  I passed by the store and decided to check it out. Appreciate the advice.  

My Lord that is stupid expensive. Chucky's has all the AR15's you want in stock  $999.99 and under, not to metion just lowers also.

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The prices are a little high at the Suffolk Sportsman. Good shop but not much of a selection and long arm transfers are $40. They had a couple RRA midlengths and Bushy M4s a couple weeks ago but that was before the election. Not sure if the panic buying has  affected them.

A little, but not by much.  Just go armed with a good (not stolen) price from another shop and he'll most likely come in a little higher.  I paid like $20 more for a G19 there than the best price I found around Nassau/Suffolk area.

Yes not much of a selection, just check out the gun somewhere else and then hit up SS.  What you will generally get vs. a big selection shop....is a factory fresh gun that nobody played with straight from the Distributor.  

So, SS has its benefits and they're close to me.  Plus I think Alan is a nice guy.

$40 transfers on long guns is really not that terrible.

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#22]
They've always had several AR's on display whenever I've paid them a visit. Also they will order just about anything under the sun for you if they can. Maybe not the biggest place in the world, but, you cant beat their customer service IMO.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#23]
If you are out by Yaphank, check out Mark at Suffolk Shooting Supply. He's got quite a few ARs (If I remember he has both pre and post bans). Even better he is a good guy. He's open Thursday through Monday. 631-775-7111. I always post good things about him.
Regarding Chester's...  If you have nothing good to say, say nothing. The silence would make you deaf.

If you want or need more info on SSS just email me.

Steve  'Cityrepo61'
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:26:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Is that Mark from Hunter Sports in Massapequa.  If so, he is in the shop at the county trap range ( ? )
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Lord that is stupid expensive. Chucky's has all the AR15's you want in stock  $999.99 and under, not to metion just lowers also.

Where is this Chucky's place?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top