Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:59:20 AM EDT
Just wondering about local gun laws and if there are any restrictions on non-lethal SD options, please advise.

Wife is from the Bronx, visiting MIL, the subject is something they aren't familiar with.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I started answering, but when I got to the third paragraph I remembered we have tacked threads.  Check there for the answers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I started answering, but when I got to the third paragraph I remembered we have tacked threads.  Check there for the answers.

from the tacked thread:
Do not bring weapons into the 5 boroughs of NYC if that is your destination.

Thanks, I saw NYS in that thread title and didn't anticipate a special "NYC is teh suxxor guns r bad" paragraph.

Okay, not my town not my rules, but what are other legal options for self-defense?  Fox labs, Taser, marshmellow Peeps?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
well if you run into any fat badguys, the peeps should work....

i think just a good OC spray? not sure on taser legality in the boroughs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

from the tacked thread:
Do not bring weapons into the 5 boroughs of NYC if that is your destination.

Thanks, I saw NYS in that thread title and didn't anticipate a special "NYC is teh suxxor guns r bad" paragraph.

Okay, not my town not my rules, but what are other legal options for self-defense?  Fox labs, Taser, marshmellow Peeps?

I'm pretty sure that's up there too, but the short answer:  You can carry pepper spray, BUT it must be bought here from an FFL or phamacist.  No go with Tasers/stun guns.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:30:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that's up there too, but the short answer:  You can carry pepper spray, BUT it must be bought here from an FFL or phamacist.  No go with Tasers/stun guns.

Force Spray:

www.selfdefenses.com/forcespray/newyork.html
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:45:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Your best self defense option is common sense.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:32:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Your best self defense option is common sense.

Stay home and load magazines instead?  

Thanks guys, the last option is what I guess I'll go with depending on what I find at the Pathmark shopping center near my MIL's house.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:11:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wife is from the Bronx, visiting MIL

There is NO protection from a M.I.L.

Sorry,

Bill
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#9]
You can't bring it in from another state?

Oh wait, I forgot, the concentration of OC tripples and becomes lethal when it senses it's crossed over a border...duh, my fault, sorry guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top