Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:20:47 PM EDT
A practical rifle style event .  Anyone interested in going over to Langhorn Rod and Gun Club for a little organized fun?   I'm throwing this out there to see if there's any interest.  LRGC has been running these great "Practical Rifle" events for some time now.   They're geared toward safe handling and realistic stages of marksmanship using many different forms of firing positions.  Including prone, kneeling, baracade , transition drills, ect.

Since there is a regular schedule that we follow - the whole NJ/PA thing would just be an idea to gain interest in NJ shooters.  I always enjoy these meets.  

Anyone think they'd want to try it out?

J223...
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like fun. I've been there for an Appleseed Shoot and when Fargo had their first Sniper Comp which was a total pisser.

Not sure when I'd be able to make though. My weekends are getting filled up real fast with some other training and what not...for me, it wouldn't be until late fall and then we are into deer season and that ain't gonna fly. Crap....
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
That's suicide...I've seen some of them shoot !

I haven't been to the carbine event in a long time, but I'm itching to go again.

Lots O fun!

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
OK guys -- it looks like this will be an actual event.  I'm thinking the last Saturday of August.  Will confirm shortly.  Looking for many of the same people that showed up at the last ARFCOM meet held in PA at Langhorn Rod and Gun Club a little over a year ago.

www.langhornerodandgunclub.org/index.htm

Patterned as a Practical Rifle Event - there will be three classes:

*Irons

*Red dot optics

*magnified optics.

There will probably be a pistol stage, or a pistol to rifle/carbine transition stage at CQB range (20 feet) .

I'd estimate 150 rnds of rifle ammo and 50 rounds of pistol ammo should cover it.  Sling required (preferably a single or two point).  As many mags as you have I'd bring.

I'd also zero your sights for 50y if using 5.56 (if anyone is not sure what they need for a zero) .  The course of fire will be from 20 feet and out to 200 yards.

The day will start at 9:30am .  

I'm looking for experienced shooters here.  If you have limited trigger time , or never attended this style event - IM or Email me so we can talk if its suitable for your experience level.

So -- any takers?

Close range...

100y baracade positions...

200y prone and kneeling as well (rain or shine)...

Johny223...
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the link to the PA Hometown version...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=14&t=315190

J223...
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The date for this event is now posted as Saturday August 30th.

J223...
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Any   Jersey shooters interested in setting up a New Jersey team ??

Iggyort
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Iggyort

Yeah -- my question exactly.  I was thinking this was going to be an easy sell when I came up with the idea and pitched it to the guys who run the monthly Practical Rifle meets that I attend.  I'm from Union County - and figured a fun and challenging event like this was a no brainer.   Looks like I have to do some reaching out to fill the list for NJ.  

I've only had two responses including you.  So if you're game, consider youself on the Team.  What class will you be interested in ?  Irons, reddot, or magnified optics?

Please spread the word.  Looking for at least 5 men per class.  I'm personally running in the Magnified optics group.

J223...
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:58:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iggyort

Yeah -- my question exactly.  I was thinking this was going to be an easy sell when I came up with the idea and pitched it to the guys who run the monthly Practical Rifle meets that I attend.  I'm from Union County - and figured a fun and challenging event like this was a no brainer.   Looks like I have to do some reaching out to fill the list for NJ.  

I've only had two responses including you.  So if you're game, consider youself on the Team.  What class will you be interested in ?  Irons, reddot, or magnified optics?

Please spread the word.  Looking for at least 5 men per class.  I'm personally running in the Magnified optics group.

J223...

JOHNNY223:

I am in Hudson County. Let me call a couple of   NJ IPSC Rifle Shooters and find out if they want to play. I am also waiting on a call back from Wojo.

Iggyort

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 3:38:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iggyort

J223...

JOHNNY223:

I am in Hudson County. Let me call a couple of   NJ IPSC Rifle Shooters and find out if they want to play. I am also waiting on a call back from Wojo.

Iggyort

Cool - thanks.

J223...
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:05:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iggyort

J223...

JOHNNY223:

Iggyort

Cool - thanks.

J223...

J223:

We may a need a practice session in Old Bridge before the Match. I sent you a IM.

Iggyort

PS -Wojo is No-Go. He is busy that weekend.  

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iggyort

J223...

JOHNNY223:

Iggyort

Cool - thanks.

J223...

J223:

We may a need a practice session in Old Bridge before the Match. I sent you a IM.

Iggyort

PS -Wojo is No-Go. He is busy that weekend.  

ok - IM sent.  Practice would be good.  Call you Tomorrow with details.

J223...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Btt
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I practiced last Saturday !

Did you ??

Iggyort
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 6:40:42 AM EDT
[#14]
So you Jersey boys ready or what?  Tomorrow is the big day!  I understand your number one fan sends his best.....

Link Posted: 7/25/2008 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
So you Jersey boys ready or what?  Tomorrow is the big day!  I understand your number one fan sends his best.....

www.jossip.com/gossip/advocatemcgreevey.jpg

Oh, you sicko!
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#17]
What?  Huh???  I thought NJ vs PA is in August?  

I'm going to try and make it tomorrow too.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#18]
"How can you monsters from PA be mean to my good friend Jim?"
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What?  Huh???  I thought NJ vs PA is in August?  

I'm going to try and make it tomorrow too.  

It is in August -- Last Defender -- check your fire - check your fire !!!
J223...

Edit - added smiley :)
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I practiced last Saturday !

Did you ??

Iggyort

This will be my practice.

J223...
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Opps......  My mistake.  I was given bad info by.....

Link Posted: 7/29/2008 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I need to have a count of who is attending this match shooting for NJ.  Please post up or IM me directly.   Also list what class you prefer to run: Irons, red dot, or magnified.

The match is going down in a month, so all interested please practice unsupported prone, kneeling, and standing positions.  A two or single point sling would be needed but not required.  Also practice transitions to pistol .

I'm looking for a min. count of 10 guys for this.  This event is intended to be a fun - no pressure day. May actually be an annual event if the turnout is good.  

As for the ride - it only takes an hour to get to the LRGC range from where I live in Rahway, NJ.  For $15 , all will have a very enjoyable day - hope to hear from you guys.

J223...
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#23]
" Can I shoot with the cute guy in the black pants?"

Link Posted: 7/31/2008 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#24]
LMFAO !!!  

Link Posted: 8/4/2008 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I have had good responses to this and I just want to remind all attending to remember the gear needed for this.  It will have a pistol stage so bring what you need and don't forget a sling is also required for the longarm.

J223...
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Just a reminder to all interested that the match is this weekend.  9am the highly recommended arrival time for shooters.

J223...
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks fun
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Looks fun

Yeah - it will be. There are a lot of good people over there.  I'm always impressed with how well they run an event at LRGC.  The event coordinators are a mix of ex Law Enforcement and military.  Always a good time.  We'll try and do this as an annual event if the turn out is good.

J223...
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#29]
You are a glutton for punishment aren't you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top