Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2007 10:14:51 AM EDT
this colt is NJ legal, right?

also, it says capacity is 9 rounds... does that just mean it only comes with a 9rd mag and I can just buy 15rounders to pop in?  I assume so, but who knows anymore.

Linky
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd say yes, legal.

Looks like you can use other mags.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

also, it says capacity is 9 rounds... does that just mean it only comes with a 9rd mag and I can just buy 15rounders to pop in?  I assume so, but who knows anymore.

Linky

The lower is fine since it has a non retractable stock. The upper looks about right as well. Just make sure that's a brake on the end of the barrel and not a flash hider and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky

The lower is fine since it has a non retractable stock. The upper looks about right as well. Just make sure that's a brake on the end of the barrel and not a flash hider and you are good to go.

The link page states it has a comp.  Which is good.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Perfectly legal in NJ. That Colt model is not easy to find at the moment.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
thats a great looking Colt.  Is that new production?
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
thats a great looking Colt.  Is that new production?

Been around for severl years
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:

bummer... what do they go for retail when you can find them?
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Google is your friend.
www.impactguns.com/store/COLT-MT6400C.html

www.thegunsource.com/store/item.aspx?PID=32031

www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=138&products_id=85636

www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item/32031_Colt_Rifles/Shotguns__MT6400C_MTCH_TRGT_M4.aspx

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Google is your friend.
www.impactguns.com/store/COLT-MT6400C.html

www.thegunsource.com/store/item.aspx?PID=32031

www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=138&products_id=85636

www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item/32031_Colt_Rifles/Shotguns__MT6400C_MTCH_TRGT_M4.aspx

Thanks...
there is that and this bushy which seems identical in features for $150 less.  hmm decisions.
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=9935_13987_14006&products_id=85622
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#10]
In true ARFCOM spirit, I say buy both.  Get the Bushy now cause it's available and get the Colt later when it becomes available.

That was an easy decision.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:
In true ARFCOM spirit, I say buy both.  Get the Bushy now cause it's available and get the Colt later when it becomes available. hat

haha... just got married last week.  can't afford both (can't really afford either RIGHT now... but i'm gonna try soon).

I like RRA too because of the wylde chamber, I like the idea of being able to shoot both types of ammo.  is that a standard thing or only an RRa thing?
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In true ARFCOM spirit, I say buy both.  Get the Bushy now cause it's available and get the Colt later when it becomes available.

That was an easy decision.

haha... just got married last week.  can't afford both (can't really afford either RIGHT now... but i'm gonna try soon).

I like RRA too because of the wylde chamber, I like the idea of being able to shoot both types of ammo.  is that a standard thing or only an RRa thing?

Nope not really standard. I think White Oak Armament has the Wylde chamber too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

just to clarify something, as it sounds like you may be a tad confused here.

an AR15 chambered for 5.56mm NATO can shoot either 5.56mm NATO or .223 Remington cartridges.

an AR15 chambered for .223 Remington in theory should only shoot .223 Remington; the use of 5.56mm NATO with the shorter leade (the chamber throat area just in front of the bullet) of the .223 Remington chamber will increase pressure.  i have not read of many catastrophic failures of shooting 5.56mm NATO in a .223 Remington chambered AR15, but that doesn't make it a good idea.  note that it is definitely not advised to shoot 5.56mm NATO in an older bolt action rifle chambered for .223 Remington -- the barrel and bolt assembly may not react well to the increased chamber pressure and that could be detrimental to your fingers and eyes.

so why does the Wylde chamber exist?  if the AR15 is chambered for 5.56mm NATO, it will accept either cartridge -- so why do we need the Wylde?

compared to the 5.56mm NATO chamber leade, the shorter leade of the .223 results in better accuracy.  hence, the Wylde chamber sort of is an "average" of the 5.56mm NATO and .223 Remington leades.  the Wylde chamber is an attempt, a reasonably successful one at that, to maintain the feed reliability of the 5.56mm NATO chamber and the accuracy of the .223 Remington chamber.

finally, note that 99% of Bushmaster AR15's use the 5.56mm NATO chamber.  only a few Bushmaster barrel types designed for competition shooting use .223 Remington or modified Wylde type chambers.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#14]
blah blah blah..You could probably shoot a bannna out of a bushmaster ive never heard of anybody having a problem with a bushy feeding either rounds...
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

just to clarify something, as it sounds like you may be a tad confused here.

an AR15 chambered for 5.56mm NATO can shoot either 5.56mm NATO or .223 Remington cartridges.

an AR15 chambered for .223 Remington in theory should only shoot .223 Remington; the use of 5.56mm NATO with the shorter leade (the chamber throat area just in front of the bullet) of the .223 Remington chamber will increase pressure.  i have not read of many catastrophic failures of shooting 5.56mm NATO in a .223 Remington chambered AR15, but that doesn't make it a good idea.  note that it is definitely not advised to shoot 5.56mm NATO in an older bolt action rifle chambered for .223 Remington -- the barrel and bolt assembly may not react well to the increased chamber pressure and that could be detrimental to your fingers and eyes.

so why does the Wylde chamber exist?  if the AR15 is chambered for 5.56mm NATO, it will accept either cartridge -- so why do we need the Wylde?

compared to the 5.56mm NATO chamber leade, the shorter leade of the .223 results in better accuracy.  hence, the Wylde chamber sort of is an "average" of the 5.56mm NATO and .223 Remington leades.  the Wylde chamber is an attempt, a reasonably successful one at that, to maintain the feed reliability of the 5.56mm NATO chamber and the accuracy of the .223 Remington chamber.

finally, note that 99% of Bushmaster AR15's use the 5.56mm NATO chamber.  only a few Bushmaster barrel types designed for competition shooting use .223 Remington or modified Wylde type chambers.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
blah blah blah..You could probably shoot a bannna out of a bushmaster ive never heard of anybody having a problem with a bushy feeding either rounds...

very helpful info for the OP.  
where should we send the gold star for your fridge?

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ar-jedi

Back on *HIS* side of the Delaware!
Maybe his post #3 will be a bit more intelligent than his #2
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ar-jedi

Back on *HIS* side of the Delaware!
Maybe his post #3 will be a bit more intelligent than his #2

I highly doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I own that one as well as several other colt and armalites..  Awesome rifle.  Maybe it's just me but I think that comp makes the rifle louder.  If your bolt and lug are lubed right and use good ammo you shouldn't jam ever.

Perfectly legal.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#19]
AR_Jedi, thanks for that added info.  I was indeed confused as I thought only the wylde chamber was suitable for both.  thanks to everyone else for the help for me - a noobie.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top