Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 3:40:21 PM EDT
ok so ive got some preban high cap G19 mags...

can i replace the mag body with a new production, steel lined, high cap body?

i want the drop free style for my G19 mags, and the preban mags i have are all non drop free.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
ok so ive got some preban high cap G19 mags...

can i replace the mag body with a new production, steel lined, high cap body?

i want the drop free style for my G19 mags, and the preban mags i have are all non drop free.

I wouldn't...but that's just me...don't know if anyone can answer that with 100% certainty

Also the steel glock mags aren't known to be the most reliable...if it's just a range gun then that's another story I guess.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he means the reinforced Glock mags, not aftermarket steel mags. I don't think the NY folks have decided that replacement mag bodies are legal.
edited for spelling
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think he means the reinforced Glock mags, not aftermarket stell mags. I don't think the NY folks have decided that replacement mag bodies are legal.

aaahhhh that makes more sense.
I don't think I'd want to risk a possible felony conviction attempting to see if that would fly...but again, I tend to be on the conservative side with things like this
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think he means the reinforced Glock mags, not aftermarket stell mags. I don't think the NY folks have decided that replacement mag bodies are legal.

i think the old mag body just has to be held onto and incomplete, i dont see how it would be illegal?

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i think the old mag body just has to be held onto and incomplete, i dont see how it would be illegal?

I *believe* that was an ATF ruling, not a NYS one. Since the 94 ban went away, ATF could care less, but I would bet money that NY will hold people to that pre-1994 manufacture date. They are biding their time while the supply of pre-94 mags dries up slowly but surely.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:19:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I think Dieter should be our test case.  Who is willing to donate $20 to his defense fund?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:29:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going with "no" on the mag bodies. Floor plate, followers and spring i can see, but not the mag body.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:39:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think Dieter should be our test case.  Who is willing to donate $20 $20,000 to his defense fund?

Fixed it for ya. I kinda doubt he wants to to be a convicted felon for the next few years while he appeals his conviction(s).
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:55:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think Dieter should be our test case.  Who is willing to donate $20 $20,000 to his defense fund?

Fixed it for ya. I kinda doubt he wants to to be a convicted felon for the next few years while he appeals his conviction(s).

If we get enough people to commit to sending $20 we can reach that goal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top