Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:13:09 PM EDT
Guys,

Just picked this up off the AK page here on AR15.com. H.R.1022 To Reauthorize The Assault Weapons Ban by Sen. McCarthy DNY. For the most part I can't find the full text but the little that I read is the same as the New Ban that the NYS Assembly passed recently. Just Google H.R.1022 for further info. The only good news is that it does seem to have a Grandfather Cause like the old ban for rifles & semi auto shotguns. I couldn't find any thing in the text to Grandfather hi cap mags though!!!

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
From the GD board (Carolyn McCarthy's libtard excrement):
linky

eta: Bushmaster XM-15 is now on the proposed ban list
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
what does it mean in english is it the same bill as the last one is there any new stuff??
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 5:25:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The person who drafted this Bill must have been either drunk or high on wacky weed. It's even more poorly written then the new NY AWB. Carolyn McCarthy should go back to emptying bedpans.

http://carolynmccarthy.house.gov/index.cfm?ContentID=686&ParentID=0&SectionID=32&SectionTree=32&lnk=b&ItemID=675

Statement from Rep. Carolyn McCarthy on the Shootings in PA and UT

Tuesday February 13, 2007

Yesterday we learned of more unnecessary deaths from gun violence in Philadelphia, PA and Salt Lake City, UT. I am saddened to hear of these events and have introduced legislation that if enacted will prevent further violence.

In Philadelphia, a gunman opened fire on his colleagues using an AK-47 assault rifle he legally purchased. These dangerous weapons, which are intended to hit multiple targets in a short period of time, were allowed back on our streets when the federal ban on assault weapons expired in 2004. The deaths in Philadelphia could have been prevented if Congress had done its job of protecting the homeland and renewed the assault weapons ban.

I have again introduced legislation to permanently ban assault weapons. These weapons have no practical use. They are not used by hunters for sport or by individuals for self-defense. They are intended to kill as many individuals as possible in a short amount of time and have no place on our streets. The unfortunate situation in Philadelphia could have been avoided if Congress stood up to the gun lobby in 2004.

In Salt Lake City, a young man opened fire in a crowded mall, killing 5 individuals. It appears the shooter was not mentally stable and police are still investigating how he obtained the weapons.

It is vital that the background check records are current and comprehensive. I have introduced HR 297, the NICS Improvement Act that would strengthen the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. These records let gun dealers know when an individual should not be allowed to purchase a firearm. Improving the quality of these records will keep guns out of the wrong hands and make our country safer.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#4]
They were using the Salt-lake city incident to gain support...Seems like they got to hit under the belt to get anything done..
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Salt Lake City was done by a shot gun
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Salt Lake City was done by a shot gun

Exactly the point.  These fucking anti's want to disarm us so that we can't have so much as a rubber band and paper clip.

Make no mistake.  Complete and total firearms confiscation is their ultimate goal.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I really hope that bill does not get passed, and it seems that the person who wrote that crap was drunk or high on something. If that passes I will be really fucking pissed off since all mine are bought legally, and registered and everything.

Seems like most of my collection is on the "soon to be banned list." I don't even understand that grandfather paragraph, looks like whoever wrote that bullshit was on crack or something.

Going to go break the bank and start getting my guns now while I still can. I just want to kick the people that support this in the face.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#8]

These dangerous weapons, which are intended to hit multiple targets in a short period of time

If I stand far enough away, I can hit multiple targets with a shotgun and that's with only one shell! We should ban those too, they're far more dangerous.

BTW, what happened to Carolyn's face? Looks like her mother mated with a goat.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They were using the Salt-lake city incident to gain support...Seems like they got to hit under the belt to get anything done..

Anti-gun legislators in NY/NYC did the same thing when the two undercover NYC detectives were murdered in an "assault weapon" buy. What they failed to mention was that the detectives were murdered with a revolver, no assault weapon was ever recovered and AFAIK it never existed. They also failed to mention that the dirt bags who committed the murders were already prohibited from possessing firearms under federal and NYS laws. So much for the strict handgun licensing provisions under NYC/NYS law that only serves to disarm lawful gun owners leaving them easy prey for the criminals who simply ignore these laws.

Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Did anyone catch this part:

SEC. 5. REPEAL OF CERTAIN EXEMPTIONS.

Section 922(v)(3) of title 18, United States Code, as added by section 2(a) of this Act, is amended by striking

‘‘(3)’’ and all that follows through the 1st sentence and inserting the following:

Paragraph (1) shall not apply to any firearm that—

‘‘(A) is manually operated by bolt, pump, level,or slide action;
‘‘(B) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or
‘‘(C) is an antique firearm.’’.

So dummy guns that resemble "assault weapons" would also be illegal to own?!

No way is this going to fly. It digs into hunting firearms and outlaws just about everything short of single shot rifles.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I really don't see this passing on a Federal level, but I can see this becoming NYS law if we don't fight it every chance we get. For the most part H.R.1022 is the same "Assault Weapons" ban that the NYS Assembley Passed in January only H.R.1022 doesn't require anyone to register their Grandfathered "Assault Weapons". I'm concerned about NYS, but at least we can say that NYS already has a "Assault Weapons" ban, and we can question the need to ban other firearms and what's the justification for doing so. Not saying they can't do it, but I really think that a H.R.1022 type ban is a very hard sell even here in NY.

Link Posted: 2/19/2007 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#12]
all i need is just one more year to buy every thing i want!!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I really don't see this passing on a Federal level, but I can see this becoming NYS law if we don't fight it every chance we get. For the most part H.R.1022 is the same "Assault Weapons" ban that the NYS Assembley Passed in January only H.R.1022 doesn't require anyone to register their Grandfathered "Assault Weapons". I'm concerned about NYS, but at least we can say that NYS already has a "Assault Weapons" ban, and we can question the need to ban other firearms and what's the justification for doing so. Not saying they can't do it, but I really think that a H.R.1022 type ban is a very hard sell even here in NY.

Oh, and all bets will be off if the Dems/libs take over the NYS Senate.

Link Posted: 2/19/2007 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
what does it mean in english is it the same bill as the last one is there any new stuff??

it means write to your elected officials and voice your opinion against it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Carolyn McCarthy is a moon bat. As of today she has no sponsors for the bill and it will never make it out of committee. That's not to say you shouldn't contact your Congress critters and tell them you oppose this bill as well as any other AWB bill that might be introduced in the next two years.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#16]
That's a good point... as ridiculous and unsupported as this particular bill might be, still doesn't give us any room to sit around.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

These dangerous weapons, which are intended to hit multiple targets in a short period of time

If I stand far enough away, I can hit multiple targets with a shotgun and that's with only one shell! We should ban those too, they're far more dangerous.

I was thinking almost the same thing: how fast and how many times can you hit a reactive target with a 10/22? even as crappy as I am I can swing 'em all with one 10 shot magazine.

Mc Carthy is an insult to her race, depending on ignorance and buzz words in an attempt to elevate the illusion of her understanding and compassion. The dumbest of people often believe that they are in charge, when it's really their "handlers".  What's that line from one of Stings songs "...turn to alabaster, when you find your servant is your master".
It's all the same puppet show and only a few patrons will support it, most want to distance themselves and not be associated with a political kook.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:37:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll be faxing, emailing and snail mailing my representative tomorrow.....

Cain1
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#20]
taking legal guns away from law abiding folks is crazy,,they can;t trust me with a gun ,,but i have to trust them with being in charge of the government ?  ....make a law  to out law the outlaws use a gun in a crime go to jail forever ? or death
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking almost the same thing: how fast and how many times can you hit a reactive target with a 10/22? even as crappy as I am I can swing 'em all with one 10 shot magazine.

Mc Carthy is an insult to her race, depending on ignorance and buzz words in an attempt to elevate the illusion of her understanding and compassion. The dumbest of people often believe that they are in charge, when it's really their "handlers".  What's that line from one of Stings songs "...turn to alabaster, when you find your servant is your master".
It's all the same puppet show and only a few patrons will support it, most want to distance themselves and not be associated with a political kook.  

Vlad lenin (The commie prick) Used to call people like her "useful idiots".

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#22]
www.nraila.org/GrassrootsAlerts/read.aspx

NRA-ILA Grassroots Alert Vol. 14, No. 8 02/23/07

States with updates this issue:  Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada,  New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Wyoming.

THE MOST SWEEPING GUN BAN EVER INTRODUCED IN CONGRESS;
McCarthy Bill Bans Millions More Guns Than The Clinton Gun Ban

On Feb. 14, 2007, Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) introduced H.R. 1022, a bill with the stated purpose, “to reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes.”

McCarthy’s verbiage warrants explanation. Presumably, what she means by “assault weapons ban” is the Clinton Gun Ban of 1994.  Congress allowed the ban to expire in 2004 for multiple reasons, including the fact that federal, state and local law enforcement agency studies showed that guns affected by the ban had been used in only a small percentage of crime, before and after the ban was imposed.

With the nation’s murder rate 43% lower than in 1991, and the re-legalized guns still used in only a small percentage of crime, reauthorizing the Clinton Gun Ban would be objectionable enough. But McCarthy’s “other purposes” would make matters even worse.  H.R. 1022 would ban every gun banned by the Clinton ban, plus millions more guns, including:

• Every gun made to comply with the Clinton ban. (The Clinton ban dictated the kinds of grips, stocks and attachments new guns could have. Manufacturers modified new guns to the Clinton requirements. H.R. 1022 would ban the modified guns too.)

• Guns exempted by the Clinton ban. (Ruger Mini-14s and -30s and Ranch Rifles; .30 cal. carbines; and fixed-magazine, semi-automatic, center-fire rifles that hold more than 10 rounds.)

• All semi-automatic shotguns. (E.g., Remington, Winchester, Beretta and Benelli, used for hunting, sport shooting, and self-defense.  H.R. 1022 would ban them because they have “any characteristic that can function as a grip,” and would also ban their main component, called the “receiver.”)

• All detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifles-including, for example, the ubiquitous Ruger 10/22 .22 rimfire-because they have “any characteristic that can function as a grip.”

• Target shooting rifles. (E.g., the three centerfire rifles most popular for marksmanship competitions: the Colt AR-15, the Springfield M1A and the M1 “Garand.”)

• Any semi-automatic shotgun or rifle an Attorney General one day claims isn’t “sporting,” even though the constitutions of the U.S. and 44 states, and the laws of all 50 states, recognize the right to use guns for defense.

• 65 named guns (the Clinton law banned 19 by name); semi-auto fixed-magazine pistols of over 10 rounds capacity; and frames, receivers and parts used to repair or refurbish guns.

H.R. 1022 would also ban the importation of magazines exempted by the Clinton ban, ban the sale of a legally-owned “assault weapon” with a magazine of over 10 rounds capacity, and begin backdoor registration of guns, by requiring private sales of banned guns, frames, receivers and parts to be conducted through licensed dealers.  Finally, whereas the Clinton Gun Ban was imposed for a 10-year trial period, H.R. 1022 would be a permanent ban.

Please be sure to contact your U.S. Representative and urge him or her to oppose
H.R. 1022!

You can call your U.S. Representative at (202) 225-3121.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:24:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
taking legal guns away from law abiding folks is crazy,,they can;t trust me with a gun ,,but i have to trust them with being in charge of the government ?  ....make a law  to out law the outlaws use a gun in a crime go to jail forever ? or death

I think we should blitz her with a couple hundered stories from the "armed citizen" from her area. Give her some reading!! This shit pisses me off!!! WTF are they REALLY thinking?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:48:38 AM EDT
[#24]
It has been said that as soon as someone reaches office, they spend more time trying to keep it than doing the job.
By introducing legislation, asinine as it may be she has a talking point: Look you foolish peons, I'm trying to protect you with this bill to take assault weapons and anything that looks like one, after all only criminals have guns.  

"Moon Bat" and "Useful Idiot" are only a couple accurate descriptions.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top