Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:21:46 AM EDT
The cover is "The best guns Ever"

Well they have a story in there about a hunter that lives in Ontario NY (20min. east of Rochester) that had a bad auto accident and is a quadriplegic, he still hunts but from a specially designed wheelchair and has a blast doing it. His story was truly inspirational, from the bottom of my heart I have so much respect for the man.

Anyways.... I have a friend that I used to work with that had a bad dirt bike accident in Macedon NY (within minutes of Ontario NY) and broke his neck and is now in a wheelchair for life. We kind of lost contact after the accident and I feel terrible about it. After reading that mans story I have decided to contact my good friend and see if maybe he wanted to go to the range someday just to get out and have some fun. Ultimately I want to see if he might want to try hunting someday.

My question to you guys is do any of you have any experience in helping handicap hunters? I know we will need to rig up special equipment to assist him in shooting, maybe a special wheelchair to help get him in the woods, etc....

Any and all advice would be helpful and if anyone is in or around the Rochester area and would like to help or just go shooting with us you are always welcome.

Zachary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top