Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 9:14:14 PM EDT
Where does everyone get their transfers on LI? I used to do mine through Burns Bros. until the ATF shut them down and they would accept shipments from non-FFL dealers.  I just did my last one at Hunter Sports and they are good people but they only accept shipments from FFL dealers.  Can anyone recommend a reputable dealer that will accept a transfer from a non-FFL private seller on Long Island for $30 or less? I'm in western Suffolk. TIA.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]
T&T in Garden City Park did a transfer for me from a non FFL a few months ago...don't remember the exact price, but it was I believe it was in the neighborhood of $30-35
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:30:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.thegunzone.com/msm-b.html

+1 for Dean.  He is out in Westhampton Beach.  Good guy and he charges $30.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ETA - just re-read your post, A little confusing, you want to receive an out of state firearm from a non-FFL correct?

Correct. Sorry for the confusion.  I've heard good things about Main Street Mag but it's a little too far for me to drive.   I'm on the Smithtown/Kings Park border.  The closest place to me would probably be Chester's.  Anyone do transfers there? Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I was under the impression that no one would/could receive guns that didn't come with/from an FFL anymore? They say it's the law, but it may just be CYA policy. Either way, it doesn't matter.

Chester gets $65-$75 last I heard.  Also will throw a fit if it doesn't come from/with an FFL.

Brain at Guns and Ammo on Sunrise Highway gets $35 I think, but if it's an out of state transfer he'll try and charge you sales tax on the purchase price...  which is bullshit, but he does. He's also lost many a customer because of it. Good for instate transfers though.

Tee Dee in Medford is up to $50 now (and have lost me as a customer as well). They INSIST it come from an FFL.

Islip http://www.lisc.net used to be $35, I used to use them a lot when Steve still owned it and friends still worked there. Haven't since the change, which is a few years now. Price probably went up.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was under the impression that no one would/could receive guns that didn't come with/from an FFL anymore? They say it's the law, but it may just be CYA policy. Either way, it doesn't matter.

AFAIK the NYSP require that out-of-state handguns be shipped from an FFL to a NY FFL/NYS handgun dealer.  There is no such rule for long guns but some FFL's will not accept a long gun that is shipped from a non-licensee.  You should always discuss this with your dealer prior to having any gun shipped to him so there are no surprises when the gun is received.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

AFAIK the NYSP require that out-of-state handguns be shipped from an FFL to a NY FFL/NYS handgun dealer.  

That's what NYSP says, but I have not yet seen the law or regulation that supports that requirement.  AFAIK it doesn't exist.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I know it's easier for the receiving FFL to book in if it comes from/with and FFL. The info's all there in B&W. Where as, if Joe shmoe sells me a gun and sends it to my dealer, he may or may not include the info required to log in the acquisition. "Mystery guns" are a major headache. Not supposed to have it if it's not logged in, but can't log it in if you don't know who sent it.  So from their end I can't understand requiring the FFL send it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:10:43 AM EDT
[#10]
HUNTER SPORTS...I think is $30.00 + Tax
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
HUNTER SPORTS...I think is $30.00 + Tax

Yes $30.00 plus tax but Mark only accepts tranfers from FFL holders. Not from private individuals
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
T&T in Garden City Park did a transfer for me from a non FFL a few months ago...don't remember the exact price, but it was I believe it was in the neighborhood of $30-35

contact Stan at the Garden City PK location. If its a Rifle, he will accept the transfer with a copy of the persons drivers license.  Good luck wherever you end up doing the transfer  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top