Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 7:16:46 AM EDT
Anyone part of the williamson gun club. i just joined a few mounths ago. just woundering if there would be enough members t go an ar get together since the rifle range it mostly empty always.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#1]
While I don't belong to the Williamson club, the first thing I "discovered" when I first settled in NY was the abundance of local "Rod & Gun" clubs. I'm not sure about the Rochester area, but way up here there are dozens of small clubs...great if you're a Trap shooter. There are five clubs/ranges each within 10 miles of my house....some buisier than others. Personally I like having the range to myself especially if the kids come along, Lord knows I have enough to watch out for without some jack-ass who may or may not know the range rules getting in my way.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I love williamson gun club. i know what you mean about the abundance of clubs. i have 3 within 15 mins of my house. The other 2 allow drinkning a shooting which i dont like. i almost always have the range to my self and a buddy who we go together..
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Is Willimson gun club off 104 by the Tops plaza there? I can't think of the cross street.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:03:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Kinda. its not on that street. You have to head a couple of streets toward sodus. Its off  of lake ave.  I think you are thinking of ontario gun club.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:19:16 AM EDT
[#5]
It's north of Mott's.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Kinda. its not on that street. You have to head a couple of streets toward sodus. Its off  of lake ave.  I think you are thinking of ontario gun club.

You're right, OGC off of Furnace Rd.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi! I've been considering Williamson and GCL. I want a CMP program and both seem to have that covered. The problem might be some of my calibers and gear:

50 Beowulf upper (Maybe a 458 SOCOM if a 50 ban ever happens)
50 BMG upper ( I don't think many clubs allow that one)
M1919A4/6 beltfed

Anyone know yea or ney on these? I'll eventually visit the clubs and talk to the officers, but that takes effort.....

Thanks!
Jay
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hi! I've been considering Williamson and GCL. I want a CMP program and both seem to have that covered. The problem might be some of my calibers and gear:

50 Beowulf upper (Maybe a 458 SOCOM if a 50 ban ever happens)
50 BMG upper ( I don't think many clubs allow that one)
M1919A4/6 beltfed

Anyone know yea or ney on these? I'll eventually visit the clubs and talk to the officers, but that takes effort.....

Thanks!
Jay

I know the 50's are ok at GCL, I am not sure about the 1919. Call this Saturday and ask. Someone will be there to answer that question.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
50's are not ok at GCL
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
50's are not ok at GCL

Ok, then show me or point me to where it says 50's are not ok. I have personally shot a 50 there and just 4-5 weeks ago was 4 benches down from a guy shooting a 50.

I don't know where you get your info from but you are dead wrong.

Oh and just for the record I think you were the one that said only one guest per member, wrong, 2 guests per member like I said.

Quit giving bad info.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Id some more checking they are ok i was wrong  prior i was told of a shooter asked to leave for shooting a 50
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#12]
yes two guests allowed, i said one guest shoots at a time while member supervises
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top