Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 7:03:40 PM EDT
Sorry to hear that, what a tragic story this whole case is.

1010wins.com/topstories/local_story_039142526.html
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:21:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, this is a truely horrible situation.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#3]
My sincerest  condolences to the slain officer's family.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I was amazed to hear this.
I thought he was doing ok.
I hope they FRY the A-Holes who caused this to happen.
Prayers to the family and the other LEO who shot him. That guy must feel like Crap.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was amazed to hear this.
I thought he was doing ok.
Prayers to the family and the other LEO who shot him. That guy must feel like Crap.

Sometimes people who you think will pull through have something bad happen.  I found out today that someone I know died.  She apparently had gotten penumonia, and fought it off ok, but then got strep that her weakened immune system couldn't deal with, went into septic shock, and had a massive stroke.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:08:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought the story behind this guy was that he was drunk and acting out, so he caught a beating.  Then after getting his ass kicked he went after them with his gun and got shot by another cop patrolling the area. Refused to drop his weapon and got tagged for it.

Irresponsible behavior.  His fault for running his mouth and being intoxicated with a fire arm.   I don't feel a bit sorry for him.   Stupidity will get you killed en el barrio.

What!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The only one who caused this from the start was the drunk with the gun.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only one who caused this from the start was the drunk with the gun.

There are several conflicting accounts of what occurred. Unless you were there and personally witnessed the incident you are just speculating as to what occurred.

In any case the officer can't defend himself any longer and this thread probably isn't the place to debate what might or might not have occurred.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Irresponsible behavior.  His fault for running his mouth and being intoxicated with a fire arm.   I don't feel a bit sorry for him.   Stupidity will get you killed en el barrio.

According to witness statements, the group wanted him to pay for their drinks and he argued with them over that. The hurled racial slurs at him. I think you're repeating what the groups' lawyer said. I find it hard to believe that they were beating him up to save the lives of others inside that building because he was drunk and armed. No way you can tell if he's armed. If they knew, then they would have taken his gun and badge which are really hot items in the criminal world.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to witness statements, the group wanted him to pay for their drinks and he argued with them over that. The hurled racial slurs at him. I think you're repeating what the groups' lawyer said. I find it hard to believe that they were beating him up to save the lives of others inside that building because he was drunk and armed. No way you can tell if he's armed. If they knew, then they would have taken his gun and badge which are really hot items in the criminal world.

Castle Hill (Rough crowd), Bronx, Webster Ave aint really a nice place lets say.  I give no credibility to the crackheads roaming Webster Ave at 5 in the morning.  As for it being racial? Racial slurs?  2 out of the 3 perps were Puerto Ricans and one Black.  Now, the way I see it ,  Offduty-Officer Herndez walks into WhiteCastle drunk & these hooligans see that he's sauced up and begin messing with him. (How many times has this senario happened across the globe?)  Words were said and im willing to bet that the the offduty officer said something derogatory or in a condensending/nasty tone of voice...as they are trained to do so....(some are just natural assholes) that offended the yoots and like in any hood "respect" and "street credibility" is all you got.  And, if your not  from around the way and you start popping off your mouth, your gonna catch a beat down, its that simple.  And these guys took it to him.

The officer used bad judgement in being in an area prone to crime, drugs and unsavory types of characters.  Probability factor says bad things happen in bad neighborhoods.  

In all, another NYC street tradgedy for the books.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Castle Hill (Rough crowd), Bronx, Webster Ave aint really a nice place lets say.

This is true I would get at least 3 call on a Fri and about 5 on a Sat to that place....

Has I hear it he didn't start and he was not that drunk...After the beating he was not orientated...

Think about ti he died from the beating not the gun shots. His brain was swelled up and he never regained conscience...The reality THEY BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM.....

So don't go blaming it on the drunk....He identified himself has a cop in the place has they beat him. He did not draw his gun in there. Yes he did Draw on the wrong person outside.

Irresponsible behavior. His fault for running his mouth and being intoxicated with a fire arm. I don't feel a bit sorry for him. Stupidity will get you killed en el barrio.

So I guess you feel the POOR GANG KIDS should go free....After all they only beat the CRAP out of a person...Cop or Not...
The only thing Irresponsible is that he didn't get a couple shots off into the POOR GANG KIDS...After all I am sure their parents will show their little children's pictures in cap and gown. How good they are and what great kids they were in school.....

IMHO they were a pack of wolves who should have been sucking on their Moms Nipples instead of out looking to kill someone..

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Castle Hill (Rough crowd), Bronx, Webster Ave aint really a nice place lets say.

This is true I would get at least 3 call on a Fri and about 5 on a Sat to that place....

Has I hear it he didn't start and he was not that drunk...After the beating he was not orientated...

Think about ti he died from the beating not the gun shots. His brain was swelled up and he never regained conscience...The reality THEY BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM.....

So don't go blaming it on the drunk....He identified himself has a cop in the place has they beat him. He did not draw his gun in there. Yes he did Draw on the wrong person outside.

Irresponsible behavior. His fault for running his mouth and being intoxicated with a fire arm. I don't feel a bit sorry for him. Stupidity will get you killed en el barrio.

So I guess you feel the POOR GANG KIDS should go free....After all they only beat the CRAP out of a person...Cop or Not...
The only thing Irresponsible is that he didn't get a couple shots off into the POOR GANG KIDS...After all I am sure their parents will show their little children's pictures in cap and gown. How good they are and what great kids they were in school.....

IMHO they were a pack of wolves who should have been sucking on their Moms Nipples instead of out looking to kill someone..

Im not saying the poor gang kids should go free, they will get their day in court....i'm just saying how it is in those areas.  And the news said his blood alcohol content was twice the legal limit.  Dont get it twisted, the off duty cop was a football player for the NYPD, that tells me he's in great shape and with his police training and athleticism, he should have faught those guys off better, that was a sloppy fight, and he should have whopped some ass in there....unless he was unable to because he was sauced. More than likely said some slick shit to those guys who then went ape shit on him.  C'mon  Webster Ave in the Bronx? 5 in the morning?  Thats like asking for it.  Those apprehended will now spend a longtime rotting behind bars hopefully getting the blue oyster cleaned daily.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#13]
RIP Brother!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#14]
In either case, a man is dead and there is no reason to piss on his grave since none of us know the true story.

RIP Officer and prayers for the Officer that had to make the choice.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#15]
10-4 Vinnie
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
In either case, a man is dead and there is no reason to piss on his grave since none of us know the true story.

RIP Officer and prayers for the Officer that had to make the choice.

The true story doesn't matter.  Whatever happened, it's tragic.  One dead PO, one PO extremely traumatized, and six street hoods who may or may not be getting what they would have gotten at some point anyway.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top