Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:19:28 AM EDT
Hi all,

I have an opportunity to buy an AR rifle from an in-law living in Ohio. It's RRA with a fixed carbine stock, but my question is about the barrel. My in-law said it's a RRA "post-ban" barrel. It has no bayonet lug, but its got a "fake" A2 flash hider press fit on the end of the 16" barrel. I told a guy at work about the deal, and he says I should check to make sure its legal here in NY because even though the flash hider doesn't work the way its mounted on the barrel, its still a flash hider. Would you guys know if this is OK or not?

Thanks,
Barry
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is what I'm thinking of, during the national ban RRA pressed a fake FH over the barrel.  It is in essence not a muzzle device, it is purely cosmetic.  There are no holes in it and it actually looks real nice.  It is 100% legal in NYS.  I used to have one of these.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have them on both of my rifles which i built from model 1 sales kits. They are called "press on mock flash suppressors" and Their pupose is purely aesthetic and has no effect on the muzzle flash. Its 100% NY State legal
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
my m4gery is an RRA press-on FH barrel model. Looks good, doesnt obstruct the muzzle crown for cleaning, a nice compromise in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The ar15.com 2001 RRA LEGP postban rifles were configured with the fake RRA A-2 flash suppressor. It is also a different diameter so it doesn't function or count as a grenade launcher either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
That's good news. Thanks to all for responding.
Top Top