Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 12:48:25 PM EDT
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a crash course (1 weekend) on Long Island?  In Suffolk if possible.  I have a friend who works in NYC and lives in Miller Place.  He wants to go shotgun hunting with us Upstate.  The season opens after Thanksgiving so I need a course soon.
Thanks all,
JT
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's one listing from the link rkbar posted.

Nassau
10/02/2005 Sun Hunter Ed
12:00noon-11:00pm  Point Lookout Conservation Waterways Bldg, 320 Lido Blvd. You Must Pre-register! Call 516 897-4100

I think it's the only course on LI that does it in a weekend. Of course you can always call.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
rkbar15 Thanks!
Excellent website. Found a few classes that would work.  The class is a lot longer than when I took it years ago.
Thanks again guys!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Hunter Ed is a 12 hour class. But if you're lucky it may last a total of 10 hours then the test. It happeend to me last year. Even the certificate says minimum 10 hours. And it's not just the test that passes you, it's your participation. The instructor can still pass a student if he/she fails the test. It's more important to show that you're actually paying attention in class.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Defman!
You are righ that is the only 1 day class.  Kind of like ripping off a band-aid... quicker less painfull.  How painfull was it sitting there for that long in one day?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I took four three hour courses over two weekes last year in Uniondale. We actually did it for 10 hours and finished the test in minutes. I don't know about one day courses but they do take breaks. Usually five to ten minutes every hour or so. Tell your buddy to smoke 'em if he's got 'em. Those breaks come in handy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top