Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 3:41:25 PM EDT
on December 31, 2005. Corporate came down to my branch on Tuesday to inform us of the Closure. Contracts will go to a competitor and everyone will be let go. We begin the transition in 2 weeks. At least the bastards gave us 3 months and a bonus/severance pay package provided we stay till the end with no sick days or vacations. (F#$@&Kers). There goes my trip to Blackwater and possibly a gun purchase. Job hunting sucks, but the Hun will Prevail.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that sux, I've a friend in Philly going through the same thing...

Good luck, buddy!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
on December 31, 2005. Corporate came down to my branch on Tuesday to inform us of the Closure. Contracts will go to a competitor and everyone will be let go. We begin the transition in 2 weeks. At least the bastards gave us 3 months and a bonus/severance pay package provided we stay till the end with no sick days or vacations. (F#$@&Kers). There goes my trip to Blackwater and possibly a gun purchase. Job hunting sucks, but the Hun will Prevail.

Sorry to hear that Bobby

Keep your chin up, shoot some stuff this weekend and forget about it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear that. This seems to be happening in NJ more and more. The company I work for lost over 10 million dollars in sales last year alone due to company's moving out of the state  or closing up. No new business's are moving in to take up the slack. I just don't see it improving any time soon either.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#4]
awww man
i feel for you dude. good luck.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully, things will turn out much better for you.  The best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
What are the prospects of going to work for the new contractor?
Something will come along...what line of work are you in?
best wishes!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:19:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

So, even though you've EARNED these vacations and sick time, if you take them, you'll lose out on your severance? Is that LEGAL? Here's hoping the company goes under within six months!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#8]
well maybe you can have your cake and eat it too.  You can go to Blackwater, become one of their contractors and buy a new gun as a Job expense.

Seriously, I hope all works out for you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#9]
"Good luck and happy hunting"............you're not alone.........my contract with the golf course is up this Dec. and it looks like they're not going to renew....................so I'm in the same boat
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]
What do you do Bobby?
Can you let us know one way or another so the gunners in NJ can all keep and eye out for you?
Networking is the cure to your problem.

RW3
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What do you do Bobby?
Can you let us know one way or another so the gunners in NJ can all keep and eye out for you?
Networking is the cure to your problem.

RW3

This particular job for the last 4.5 years involved handling Chemicals/Dangerous Goods as defined by DOT and IATA ( air Transport). I would sample and repack chemicals according to regulations with all kinds of documentation and ship them worldwide. Most of the stuff was corrosive and flammable. I have a niche in warehouse operations and logistics on a small scale, too. Thanks for looking out for me, I have 3 months to go at this place unless something wonderful happens
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"Good luck and happy hunting"............you're not alone.........my contract with the golf course is up this Dec. and it looks like they're not going to renew....................so I'm in the same boat

Damn, Good luck to you too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank You for the encouragement.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Ever think of a good "slip and fall" at the work place?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ever think of a good "skip and fall" at the work place?

Actually No

I will never pull such a stunt like that, I am a person of Integrity, can't help it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#18]
BTH-

Send me your resume. I'll review it and see if there it needs any improvements, embellishments - of course I'll do this with you.

Let me know.

Lion_dog
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ever think of a good "skip and fall" at the work place?

Actually No

I will never pull such a stunt like that, I am a person of Integrity, can't help it.

Such a shame that the execs of your company did not follow suit.  They get rich and you get without the smile and jar of vasoline.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
BTH-

Send me your resume. I'll review it and see if there it needs any improvements, embellishments - of course I'll do this with you.

Let me know.

Lion_dog

Thanks, Bud. I will take you up on that offer.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BTH-

Let me know.

Lion_dog

Thanks, Bud. I will take you up on that offer.

Not a problem  I will buff you up to SHINE your best. I will also send you some interview prep material.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:30:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn, that really sux! This happened to my friend a few yrs ago.

I'll keep an eye open for yah.

Best of luck with the job search.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

^_^_^

Thanks, Mirror
Just to update everyone to what is going on : My boss and his boss, both got canned on Friday, the CEO from Texas came up with a new guy to oversee the closing. This new one wants everything done by Thanksgiving instead of Dec.31. Resumes going out, Thanks to Lion_Dog for tweaking it, he is a fine gentleman and a great Arfcommer, glad to have him on my side
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

^_^_^

Thanks, Mirror
Just to update everyone to what is going on : My boss and his boss, both got canned on Friday, the CEO from Texas came up with a new guy to oversee the closing. This new one wants everything done by Thanksgiving instead of Dec.31. Resumes going out, Thanks to Lion_Dog for tweaking it, he is a fine gentleman and a great Arfcommer, glad to have him on my side

I think the time to start pilfering is NOW!
Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

^_^_^

Thanks, Mirror

I think the time to start pilfering is NOW!
Good luck.

Too late, the CEO had people all over the place taking inventory.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#26]
well maybe you have some toys I can buy to keep you occupied and with a little cashola
the remmy is soon to be reborn
itll look pretty crazy
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
well maybe you have some toys I can buy to keep you occupied and with a little cashola
the remmy is soon to be reborn
itll look pretty crazy

Can't wait
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top