Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 11:24:41 AM EDT
I'm less than a week away from making my 1st rifle purchase (Oly Arms Plinker Plus 16"). However, I was wondering, what public ranges are in/around Monmouth county that I can shoot at with my rifle? Trying to google it up gets me nowhere fast (either it points to pistol/22-only ranges or ranges with no descriptions of what they allow). I'm really looking forward to my new hobby, but I also dont want to drive across the state just to enjoy it (In which case it's going to be pretty infequent, given the gas prices and all). Am I screwed, or are there ranges I can goto that are close to home?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club in Jackson but you have to join to become a member to shoot. It's pretty expensive to join the first year but when your done with that it's as low as $100.00 a year there after. Send me an IM and I can bring you as a guest. I 'm ther just about every Sunday.

Now the Oly Plinker, that's another story. I don't own one but have read some horror stories about them.  I read when a fellow was shooing his with factory ammo and the barrel just seperated from the receiver while he was shooting it. I would save a bit more and get a Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:00:45 AM EDT
[#2]
There's also Range 14 @ Fort Dix.  

There's also a range in Wall Twsp, Monmouth County Rifle & Pistol Club though I haven't been there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top