Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 1:27:25 PM EDT
I have a friend, currently a NY resident, who will be moving to NJ in a couple of days.  He found a good deal on two preban Bushmasters and a preban (underfolding) AK.  Assuming he can buy and take possession of these as a NY resident before he does the move, can he legally bring them into NJ when he moves and maintain them in their original preban configuration?  Or must he either (a) neuter them and make postbans out of them bfore setting foot in NJ, or (b) do some sort of paperwork to bring them in legally in any configuration?

Need an asnwer soon so he can buy the guns if he'd be allowed to have them in NJ, but he doesn't want to buy them if he can't bring them into NJ.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, no prebans in NJ at all. He violates the law if he moves them to NJ.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre-Bans are okay, IF and only IF, he neuter's them as you said.  I'm sure that is what LUGERMAN meant to say.  Of course, no "AR-15" model.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Pre-Bans are okay, IF and only IF, he neuter's them as you said.  I'm sure that is what LUGERMAN meant to say.  Of course, no "AR-15" model.

Yep, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top