Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 4:14:45 PM EDT
Does any one know where they measure the barrel from?

Is it after the barrel extension goes on or before?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#2]
From the bolt face to the end of the barrel.
Just drop a rod down the barrel until it contacts the bolt face, Mark the rod at the muzzle, Remove the rod from the barrel & Measure.  Remember Muzzle devices only count in overall barrel length if they are PERMINENTLY attached as per BATFE approved method.
PS: If the barrel is not mounted place a bolt into the barrel extension & follow the above method.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#3]
So I should be OK with the Adco or Yankeehill Phantom flash hider on it.

It's a preban M4 barrel and I don't remember if the Adco 5 port Flashhider makes it legal.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no experience with the Adco, But the Phantom is fine as long as it is welded/Pinned/Silver soldered on.

Quoted:

It's a preban M4 barrel and I don't remember if the Adco 5 port Flashhider makes it legal.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The ADCO Phantom flash hiders are made by Yankee Hill Machine so you are good to go.  Just silver solder or pin and weld to be legal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Taken care of. Actually sent it to Adco and just got it back today.

Put it together with a SIR. Now just waiting for the M4 Ace Stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top