Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 12:40:31 PM EDT
Hi all.  I live in CT but work in Manhattan.  Does anyone know the legal issues involved with bringing a case and a half of ammo into NYC?  I'd like to bring it in to sell to a NJ resident so we don't have to deal with shipping.  

The main reason I'm worried is that they have random bag/package searches now, and I'd hate to be pinched for trying to sell ammo to another law abiding citizen.

TIA!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#1]
NYC Admin Code restricts the possession of ammunition to the caliber of long guns/handguns that are registered on their respective license(s).  You would be wise to transfer your ammo outside of NYC.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
NYC Admin Code restricts the possession of ammunition to the caliber of long guns/handguns that are registered on their respective license(s).  You would be wise to transfer your ammo outside of NYC.

I agree with rkbar15 and to add - there are no exceptions for transitory possession of ammo by non-residents as there are with rifles, assault weapons and to a limited extent pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top