Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 6:15:11 AM EDT
I've been a pistol owner for some time, but I've never owned a semi rifle. I'm still torn between building or buying a NJ-legal A2 or getting a PTR-91. I was going to get this year's postban SEBR, but I want a full length barrel for my first AR.
The question I have is regarding magazines- I've heard some about 20rd mags being cut down or blocked to satisfy the 15rd limit. I've looked around and don't even see 15 or 10rd mags for the 91 or ARs, after the AWB sunset.
I know RRA sells AWB-friendly rifles, but from other sellers- would I just ask them to not ship the evil 20rd mag and get a legal one locally?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a 5 round hunting mag. that fits the G3 clones. You can buy a 20 round aluminum mag. and cut it down to 15 rounds with sheet metal snips. You don't have to cut the spring. I did two and they work just fine. Last time I was at Sarco they were selling blocked HK G3 mags for about $20.00 each.

I own the Century C91 Sporter ( G3 ) clone and it works perfectly and came with a permantly attached brake. It was half the price of the PTR. I've run across three guys at my range who bought the PTR and all had problems. Two had feeding problems and one had extraction problems.

Bushmaster's standard AR 10 round mags work just fine. I personally don't see a need for any other's.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Lugerman. I'll probably go with a CMP Garand first, but I like to have options :)
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks Lugerman. I'll probably go with a CMP Garand first, but I like to have options :)

You can't lose with that. I just got number 6 two weeks ago!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#4]
You can get 15 round AR magazines from at least 2 sources in NJ.

Brick Armory being one, arms-n-ammo being another.

No problems thus far.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:32:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah you might want to stay away from the ptr-91 I bought one and have had nothing but problems..Now I have to send it back and who knows how long it might take to get it fixed and what the problem might be...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:28:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Go with the Garand before CMP is scraping the bottom of the barrel. I picked up my first late April  and then another in early July. Love them both. My HRA made in '55 is going to be converted into a 308 'match' rifle and the '43 Springfield with all of it character is a good shooter and will be left in as is. Buy the highest quality you got in your budget for your first one...cause you're gonna wanna to buy at least another one after that.

CMP rules and thier prices on ammo can't be beat. 4 to 5 days to get it from CMP to me, 480 rounds (2 spam cans) of 06 for $117 at your door step via FedEx...plus a neat little wooden crate.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
but I want a full length barrel for my first AR.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=231558

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No problems thus far.

Anyone have the tel # of the Brick location?

J223...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:18:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problems thus far.

J223...

Don't waste you time or money there, that guy is a HACK!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:45:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:30:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problems thus far.

J223...

A quick perusal of Yahoo Yellow Pages indicates the phone number for Brick Armory is 732-477-0800.

I would be interested in what I'm guessing is Lugerman's bad experience he may have had there.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problems thus far.

J223...

A quick perusal of Yahoo Yellow Pages indicates the phone number for Brick Armory is 732-477-0800.

I would be interested in what I'm guessing is Lugerman's bad experience he may have had there.

Thanks.

Nothing I care to discuss on this board. Sufice it to say I'm no longer a customer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing I care to discuss on this board. Sufice it to say I'm no longer a customer.

Amazing.  You felt strongly enough to publicly call the guy a HACK, why not back it up?    

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:44:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amazing.  You felt strongly enough to publicly call the guy a HACK, why not back it up?    

That's right son, I have my reasons. You want to patronize him, go ahead, I could care less. Me, I'll spend my money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:55:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Fair enough for me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Let's try and call it even with Lugerman has chosen not to shop at Brick Armory.  We all have reasons why we don't patronize certain locations...  Group hug!

That's really all that needed to be said instead of calling the guy a HACK.  Pass along that you had a negative experience and leave it at that.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let's try and call it even with Lugerman has chosen not to shop at Brick Armory.  We all have reasons why we don't patronize certain locations...  Group hug!

That's really all that needed to be said instead of calling the guy a HACK.  Pass along that you had a negative experience and leave it at that.  

HACK is what I said, HACK is what I meant!! First hand experience Rampart BOY. I was dumb enough to buy one of his "hacked" up 30 AK mags. Worse piece of crap I ever spent my money on. First time out with it the floorplate fell off. Edges were sharpe and unfinished.  A kid in a high school metal class could do a better job blindfolded!! Complete HACK job!!  HACK , HACK ,HACK!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top