BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2005 1:50:11 PM EDT
Hello Guys hThanks alot
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello Guys . I did a search and could not find a local shop thread. What are your favorite shops in NJ. I am looking to purchase a H&K USP 45 and would like to get the best deal.
Thanks alot

Sadly, you are probably better off finding one online and having an FFL do the transfer for you.

You can save some decent money that way, enough for more ammo
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank You for the quick response.
I have been seriously considering that with the way some of the prices are online. I can get a new H&K Tactical for the price of a new 45 here h)
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hello Guys . I did a search and could not find a local shop thread. What are your favorite shops in NJ. I am looking to purchase a H&K USP 45 and would like to get the best deal.
Thanks alot

Sadly, you are probably better off finding one online and having an FFL do the transfer for you.

You can save some decent money that way, enough for more ammo

I agree 100% NJ gun shop dealers are a total RIPOFF!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thank You for the quick response.
I have been seriously considering that with the way some of the prices are online. I can get a new H&K Tactical for the price of a new 45 here . I am just not familiar with the process being a newbie. Any sites that explain the process or would some1 be kind enough to explain the process (probly for the 1000th time)
Thanks

First, find a dealer that is willing to do the transfer for you. I've seen them charge anywhere from $25-40 to do the transfer, plus another $15 for the NICS check. Consider that when looking at the price of your handgun online. Either way you have to pay for NICS whether it's a transfer or you buy it at a shop in state.

After you have found a dealer, contact whoever you need to to purchase the gun. You will be buying the gun from the seller not your dealer. The seller will require a copy of your FFL's license, which he or she will take care of once you tell them who you are buying it from.

Most online sellers will allow for a 3 day inspection period from the time that it is delivered to your dealer. IF THE SELLER DOES NOT ALLOW AT LEAST A 3 DAY INSPECTION PERIOD, I SUGGEST THAT YOU DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM. It is a common courtesy in the business.Make sure that your dealer will be available within that time frame to allow you to look over the gun. That is your chance to make sure that the condition matches what you purchased and that you are satisfied with the product.

The seller will ship the gun to your dealer. Your dealer will call you when it arrives. Just bring your Permit to Purchase a Handgun with you. Your dealer will call NICS, do the paperwork and you'll be on your way.

If you use Gunbroker or Guns America, read the sellers feedback. I've had a good experience online.

Good Luck. And post pics when you get her before you lose it in a tragic boating accident
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Lawman Supply is very high,but, has a good inventory
Ditto for Hagues LLC
Both are located in South Jersey-Atlantic Co and Gloucester Co
Target435  highly recommends PK90 out of Waterford Works in Camden Co,
PLUS \
he is an ARFCOM member
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:16:42 AM EDT
[#6]
What county are you in? If we know this we can refer you to a proven FFL for a transfer.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Again Guys You are all a big help!
I am located in Middlesex County
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:16:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks alot

Contact PK90 at www.Arms-n-Ammo.com. Support your local Arfcommer.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks alot

Contact PK90 at www.Arms-n-Ammo.com. Support your local Arfcommer.

+1
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I was born & raised in Middlesex....spent a good long time there!

For local shops, about the best you will find is Ray's sport shop on Rt22 in North Plainfield
Efingers in BoundBrook is ok for some stuff.
Harry army / navy on Rt 130 in Robinsville is a cool place as well.

Personally, after living in PA for a while now, I have to say that I like the attitude of the shop keepers around here a lot more than any place in NJ....but the few places I mentioned are the places I did most of my business with when I lived there.

Also, sportsmans center on Rt130 (near harrys) and I forget the name, but there is a place in Rahway that has a lot of old surplus stuff....

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks again guy for the responses. I have went to some of those local shops such as Rays ect. The guys who work there are all a bunch of geat guys but there prices are a little rediculous. As of right now I think I am going to be supporting my local Arfcommer
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks again guy for the responses. I have went to some of those local shops such as Rays ect. The guys who work there are all a bunch of geat guys but there prices are a little rediculous. As of right now I think I am going to be supporting my local Arfcommer

If you ever want to make your way over the river and through the woods, we have some good places to shoot over here in Bucks county. Unlike Rays, places around here actually rent cool stuff at the range....like full auto M16's and MP5's

Also have a fun outdoor range at a nearby farm. Guy who owns the farm lets people shoot in the back field all day long for $10

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
... I forget the name, but there is a place in Rahway that has a lot of old surplus stuff....

Good luck.

NJ Firearms Guild on Rt 27, some nice stuff, not cheap

don't forget woodbridge auto and guns (I can never remember thier name), also Sarco in Stirling, There's a couple in Milltown area, but I think only hunting type weapons.  Brick Armory is another.  Really miss Navy Arms, but they're gone.

What about South Jersey? anything milsurpish around here?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... I forget the name, but there is a place in Rahway that has a lot of old surplus stuff....

Good luck.

NJ Firearms Guild on Rt 27, some nice stuff, not cheap

don't forget woodbridge auto and guns (I can never remember thier name), also Sarco in Stirling, There's a couple in Milltown area, but I think only hunting type weapons.  Brick Armory is another.  Really miss Navy Arms, but they're gone.

What about South Jersey? anything milsurpish around here?

Two of the guys that used to work at Navy Arms opened up their own stores but both of them are rip-offs.

Stay Far Far Away from BERGEN SPORTING GOODS (in Ridgefield) and The GUN EXCHANGE (in Butler)

Bergen sporting goods charge at least $100 more then a gun is worth, 50 for transfers (not including Nix) and charge a weekly fee for holding a gun while in transfer.

The owner of the Gun Exchange is a total BS/conartist. Not only are his gun prices and transfer prices high but he wont back his products.  Total scum.  

Just my experience with them
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Didn`t a new gun store open n Lodi, Bergen County? I had heard a rumor to that effect, but I don`t find a listing in the phone book.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Didn`t a new gun store open n Lodi, Bergen County? I had heard a rumor to that effect, but I don`t find a listing in the phone book.

Yes, International Police Supplies (OPEN TO ALL), 3 blocks form Rte 17 - Vito and Carl proprietors, they were running a killer sale on NEW Glocks. 201-556-1948. Lotsa pistols, rifles Black and Tactical...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like I have to go to Lodi soon :)
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:44:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Jim Flynn in glen gardener any gun you want for $30 over cost...no showroom or anything but you can look through all the catalogs and he'll order it
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Jim Flynn in glen gardener any gun you want for $30 over cost...no showroom or anything but you can look through all the catalogs and he'll order it

Whats his number?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Please give me his # or contact. PM me if you don't want to post it.
Thank You
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#21]
The Gun Exchange in Butler is gone. He went out of buisness last year. There is also a shop in Fairview. Mike's Gun Shop
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#22]
WHAT HAPPEND TO THE GUN EXCHANGE??he did me ok.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top