Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 10:10:09 AM EDT
Here

http://www.news12.com/LI
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Better to copy and past the URL to a fresh browser so they can't track where you where when you clicked on the link.

They have claimed that certain polls were scewed because of this.

Current resulst are:

53% for banning high caliber rifles
47% against

Get a voten.....
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#3]
All I get is a page asking me about cable tv.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All I get is a page asking me about cable tv.

The News12.com website is supposedly restricted to either those who have Optimum Online, are Cablevision subscribers with a userid and password, or those who have paid for access.   It doesn't always seem to block correctly as I can access it from here in the office without any problems.

Regardless, a majority of the voters will be here on Long Island so the ban vote will win.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Better to copy and past the URL to a fresh browser so they can't track where you where when you clicked on the link.

They have claimed that certain polls were scewed because of this.

Good info. -Justin
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#6]
It finally let me in without giving me the subscription page:

Are you in favor of a ban on the sale of large caliber rifles?
Yes
 (42 Responses)   61%
No
 (28 Responses)   40%

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#7]
LoL! Our resident Da Ali G says "why ban them ? they are needed to shoot big fat bad guys !"

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I had to wash my eyes out with bleach after seeing those two cows ranting about shooting airliners out of the sky and how banning these rifles will PREVENT a tragedy before it happens.

For the love of God isn't shooting at an airliner already illegal.  How do these two idiots expect a law to prevent a terrorist from commiting a criminal act.  Doesn't cow number one realize that it was illegal for Colin Ferguson to posess a handgun in NY and it was also against the law to shoot her son and murder her husband?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had to wash my eyes out with bleach after seeing those two cows ranting about shooting airliners out of the sky and how banning these rifles will PREVENT a tragedy before it happens.

For the love of God isn't shooting at an airliner already illegal.  How do these two idiots expect a law to prevent a terrorist from commiting a criminal act.  Doesn't cow number one realize that it was illegal for Colin Ferguson to posess a handgun in NY and it was also against the law to shoot her son and murder her husband?

Dude it almost seems hopeless.  I feel like
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Currently:

YES - 59% (209)

NO - 41% (147)

The article demonized them right from the start.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#11]
How can I sign in with stolen cable service, I have no account number?
This sucks, dont they realize that some people need to steal their cable servce in order to watch South Park?

Bill H.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Um, "all you need is your cable account number"...  ???

I don't think you're going to get  a lot of help when you have to sign up just to hit the poll.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Now I've gotta get one.
Now some real shooting would be to "down" a commercial jubbo jet, moving in excess of  150mph at takeoff, with one shot from a .50bmg
Even highly skilled and trained shooters would find a critical shot next to impossible.
Next they'll be after the Trap shooters, after all they could use their high powered shotguns to shoot down an airplane....(modle that is.)
Typical bullshit: Apply prior restraint against a hypothetical, non-existant problem in the hope of saftey.
Ever drive around the outside of an airport?  Hell, you can't even stop to watch or take pictures without being harrased and investigated.
Can they not see the fact that terrorist could care less about our precious laws? Lets see: I can shoot down a plane, killing hundreds of people,...Oh, that's right, I can't do that because the rifle is prohibited from "Civilian" ownership.
Of all the words used by these freaks, being called a "civilian" pisses me off as much as the idea that they think of us as "hick from the sticks" or "peassants".  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Now I've gotta get one.
Now some real shooting would be to "down" a commercial jubbo jet, moving in excess of  150mph at takeoff, with one shot from a .50bmg
Even highly skilled and trained shooters would find a critical shot next to impossible.
Next they'll be after the Trap shooters, after all they could use their high powered shotguns to shoot down an airplane....(modle that is.)
Typical bullshit: Apply prior restraint against a hypothetical, non-existant problem in the hope of saftey.
Ever drive around the outside of an airport?  Hell, you can't even stop to watch or take pictures without being harrased and investigated.
Can they not see the fact that terrorist could care less about our precious laws? Lets see: I can shoot down a plane, killing hundreds of people,...Oh, that's right, I can't do that because the rifle is prohibited from "Civilian" ownership.
Of all the words used by these freaks, being called a "civilian" pisses me off as much as the idea that they think of us as "hick from the sticks" or "peassants".  

Your forgot, they said the .50 serves no legitimate hunting purpose

I don't know about you guys, but this shit concerning "hunting" and "sporting" classification is really starting to piss me off.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought anti-aircraft guns where machine guns not bolt action guns. hmmm am I wrong. How come the "terrorists" are not shooting down planes already in the U.S. since these .50 cals have been around for a while.

I just saw the report on News 12, 5 minutes about how these can be used to shoot down planes, 10 seconds from an NRA spokesman about how that can't happen. Seems one sided to me. I hate these rat bastard liberals. They can all suck a D!@K.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#16]

I don't know about you guys, but this shit concerning "hunting" and "sporting" classification is really starting to piss me off.

So now you are starting to get pissed off. It didn't concern you or get you mad if it was Assault 50 cal?

ILike I said in the Time to protest topic which only one person answered. You had a chance to go and show your face. Even if you were not able to speak your mind. Instead hit a news poll and bitch on the site.
The news people would have listened to you and your concerns. They are looking for stories and even if you were not put on the air. It gives them a reason to look into it. But like I said get ready to hand over all your rifles and pistols if this crap keeps up. You don't show your face people don't care about your point and that goes for the elected officals.

The NRA didn't even comment at  the meeting instead they put out a statement later and not even a rep from the NRA put their 2 cents in. The only pro people interviewed were T&T Gunnery and ColesiumGuns. They are always the people asked anyway.

They pulled out the paper that comes with a Barrett and show the news and everyone that it says this rifle is able to take down a airliner. So there it was in writing and even though Ron stood up to the Calf cops and for the gun community sometimes it is better not to advertise everything. Also they had AR50's and not a Barrett so they lied about that when they pointed to the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top