Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 11:27:48 AM EDT
I plan on bringing a few of my toys to NC and will be driving through NJ. Am I correct in assumung that I cannot even pass through NJ with hicap magazines.....Enquiring minds want to know....
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Whenever I place an order online and it's from a south or west location and using ups to ship them they make pit stops in NJ all the time.> :)

I just took delivery of about 25 high caps and of course they laid up in NJ for a night!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I guess that depends on whether mags fall under the federal firearms transfer laws.  NJ basically follows that to a T.

As long as weapon is legal where you start and where you end, you can pass through NJ legally given:

Weapon unloaded, locked in trunk.  If no trunk, locked in case in rear of vehicle.  Ammunition stored separately from weapon.  (leave the mags unloaded)

Here is the NJ State Police - Firearms info website:  www.njsp.org/about/fire_trans.html

You can send them an email and ask: www.nj.gov/lps/formmail.htm

You could also call them and ask: 609-882-2000
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
When you drive through NJ, duck down real low.
If you have them in your trunk and don't tell anyone or be stupid and get searche, no one will know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top