Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2003 2:59:05 PM EDT
Pretty cool.

Went to see the State Police exhibit thing, got to see the MRT dudes do some rapelling, the K9 unit, and most importantly the firearms demonstration. Mostly Glock 17 action but, they shoot an MP5 some too.

Really made my day, I saw it last year but I wasnt a member of this site so I never posted about it. Either way, first time I've ever seen a machine gun used in real life.

The rest of the fair is ok... Mostly they are just selling stuff though, nothing intersting to me anyway.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
It sucks compared to other state fairs I've been to. There is almost nothing that is intersting 'cept the State Police.

Everything else is just booths selling shit. The Dairy stuff is ok but I use to work on a farm so I've seen enough cattle that they just arent interesting anymore.

It would be nice if they got away from advertising and selling stuff and had some actually some nice displays or something but I doubt it's gonna happen.

Oh yeah almost forgot, the facilities suck ass to put it mildly. If you go, make sure you use the bathroom before you leave.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The Syracuse PD will sometimes bring their FATS system to the fair and allow folks to play on it.  Fucking thing is so realistic that your heart will race, the adrenaline will pump and you will find yourseld sweating after a 5 minute scenario has run its course.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Went there monday....Onandaga sheriffs had a decent display...including a armored swat vehicle they got from usaf surplus...(they carry glock 45`s)....some beatiful restored tractors right behind the sheriff stand.....rained most of the day....stood in the rain and watched C D B....it was decent....beer was good
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#5]
My Mom has some ceramic stuff entered for judging.  She usually comes away with a ribbon.  It keeps her off the streets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top