Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 10:36:09 AM EDT
I am looking for either NRA or NJ recognized (for NJ Concealed Carry) pistol qualification/certification.

I am 20 years old and obviously do not own a pistol yet, but that does not prohibit me from instruction.  I am having some trouble finding some local instructors though (top half of NJ would be nice).

I plan on applying for my concealed carry, and ]www.firearmsinstructors.com[\url] is an NJ based company that does certs for NJ concealed carry, and I was hoping to get some information there...  The website has been down all day.  I know it is in fact fruitless to try for CCW, but after reading NJ statute, which says I have the natural and unalienable right to defend my life, happiness, and property, I might be able to make some sort of case (and my local police chief is pro-gun, so that helps).  Anyway, want the cert.  Looking to keep it to 150$ or less, + ammo.

If you know of any places please let me know, and what works and what doesn't.  I haven't tried NRA certified places yet, would like to have something that specifies or is very recognized for NJ CCW.

Ben in Morris County.  =)  hi Mike.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Ben,

I'm in Morris County as well. The permit is approved / disapproved by a Superior Court Judge. While I agree with your logic, in practice its not going to happen.

Next NJ ARFCOM shoot you should go. I'll bring my .45 and a bunch of ammo for your shooting pleasure.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi Mike! I do plan on going to the 7/5 event.  =).  I'll have my v-match and various other fun guns...  I will hopefully see you there!

I will be making my primary pistol purchases in December.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:49:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I talked to a lobbyist last night, nothing on the agenda about CCW. She is just fighting to keep what we have, they need more work and less talk from us though.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:52:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I think they need more vote from us too.

=)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top