Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 4:41:55 PM EDT
Aim Surplus has a deal going on Polish 7.62x39 synthetic mags.  $14.95 each, I believe 10 for $129.50 and if you buy 50 it drops to 50 for $550.  $11 for a new synthetic AK-47 mag is a great price.

Anybody interested?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Guys, one other guy on the AK side seems interested.  This is a super deal and a way to save some bucks on some kick-ass mags!  Highly rated by RotDorn and CampyBob...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Are these the waffle mags? Do you have a link for it? Would you object if someone from out of state joined in? How many were you thinking of getting?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
www.aimsurplus.com

Follow the links to the AK mags.  They are not waffle mags, they are slab side like the Bulgie AK-74 mags.

I don't mind at all if out of staters join in...  The deal is one of us will collect the money and order the mags and take delivery...  That person will then distribute them to everybody else.  Actually shipping charges.

I hope we can put together an order for 50 or more to get the $11 per mag price.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:16:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I just looked over in the AK forums and it looks like some good reviews. It doesn't seem like there are to many people up in your area interested in these. It might be worth it if you can enough people to join in for this. I would of wanted 10 if you can get enough people to bring the price down to $11. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:30:33 AM EDT
[#5]
HiramRanger, I'll go in for at least 10.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think 50 will be a problem, as I would go in for ten, so would thinman, vagunnut, some other NY member from Watertown seemed interested as well.  The good news is shipping is only $12 for the 50 pack.  That brings the cost to $11.25 per mag plus the additional shipping for individual distribution.  Now if you ordered 10 on your own it would be $129.50 plus probably $5-$10 for shipping.  So 10 through a group buy should probably run like $120...  probably a $15 cost savings.

Now the question is who is going to handle the ordering and payment?  I just did a $600 car repair yesterday and pretty much maxed out my sole credit card.  If somebody could swing it we could all send checks to that person.  I could do it if people wanted to paypal me the money, but they would have to add 3% to cover the charges - starts to eat away at the savings.

Any ideas anyone?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't think 50 will be a problem, as I would go in for ten, so would thinman, vagunnut, some other NY member from Watertown seemed interested as well.  The good news is shipping is only $12 for the 50 pack.  That brings the cost to $11.25 per mag plus the additional shipping for individual distribution.  Now if you ordered 10 on your own it would be $129.50 plus probably $5-$10 for shipping.  So 10 through a group buy should probably run like $120...  probably a $15 cost savings.

Now the question is who is going to handle the ordering and payment?  I just did a $600 car repair yesterday and pretty much maxed out my sole credit card.  If somebody could swing it we could all send checks to that person.  I could do it if people wanted to paypal me the money, but they would have to add 3% to cover the charges - starts to eat away at the savings.

Any ideas anyone?

for shipping USPS has those flat rate envelopes.  You can cram about 6 usgi 30s plus bubble wrap in them and only pay $3.85 plus insurance.  Just an idea to help with shipping
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I never heard of those...  how many can you fit without bubble wrap?  These things shouldn't dent like aluminum mags likely would...  Somebody ran over one with their truck to no ill effect...  What about you Hop, you need any AK mags?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I never heard of those...  how many can you fit without bubble wrap?  These things shouldn't dent like aluminum mags likely would...  Somebody ran over one with their truck to no ill effect...

mike,
I do not need any ak mags as i dont plan on owning one.  I had a guy fit 10 20 round sten mags in one envelope so he could only pay $3.85 tp ship it.  how much longer are ak mags than ar mags so i can get an idea?  the envelope is about 12.5x 9.5" and has some flex to it.  I would guess 5 per envelope.  All priority mail boxes, envelopes ETC are free so if you have time go snag one from the PO and see how many you can stuff in there.
also the glue isnt really made for testing out its limits so run a piece of packing tape around the whole envelope (at the sealing point)at least once to ensure it wont open
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top