Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2021 12:55:59 PM EDT
Living in Waco got shot down so we found an apartment in Corsicana for the short term. We will eventually buy a house and some land in the Teague/Fairfield/Mexia area.
So for the time being, anybody have the downlow on Corsicana? Things to see or do, gun shops, ranges, places to eat?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to eat at the Tejun food truck when they come to town.

https://www.tejunthetexascajun.com/

I went to college down there in the 90's for a year and a half, driving back and forth from Ellis County everyday. I went down in February and March to get my covid shots, a lot has changed.

I stopped at HEB on my way out of town to pick up a few groceries, as always, it made me sad that I live in Dallas. My Dad used to absolutely slay the fish on Richland Chambers, sand bass and hybrid stripers. He had the right sonar, downriggers and gear for it at the time. I hunted Gus Engling once on a draw permit, nobody in our unit got anything. I did go out for archery on one of the Richland Chamber units, same deal, just over-run with folks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
There was, dont know if there still is, some reasonably priced land out around Streetman and Kirvin.  I recently worked on some gorgeous land a tic north and east of Fairfield.  The owner told me he though it was affordable.

I like Corsicana.  I dont love it.  I view it a lot like the town I live in, Waxahachie.  It's got its charms, its got it uglyside, and it's up to the charms to hide the ugly.  Corsicana is fun punching bag in this state.  There are lots of rumors about it.  Still think its pretty OK.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need to eat at the Tejun food truck when they come to town.

https://www.tejunthetexascajun.com/

I went to college down there in the 90's for a year and a half, driving back and forth from Ellis County everyday. I went down in February and March to get my covid shots, a lot has changed.

I stopped at HEB on my way out of town to pick up a few groceries, as always, it made me sad that I live in Dallas. My Dad used to absolutely slay the fish on Richland Chambers, sand bass and hybrid stripers. He had the right sonar, downriggers and gear for it at the time. I hunted Gus Engling once on a draw permit, nobody in our unit got anything. I did go out for archery on one of the Richland Chamber units, same deal, just over-run with folks.
View Quote

I'll appreciate the amount of water to fish. Luckily I still have a few free places to hunt here in the western part of the state.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Max Stalling is a Republic treasure
Top Top