Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/27/2021 10:35:44 AM EDT
How do the new laws affect where you can and can't carry? As a LTC holder, as I understand, if there is a "no weapons" sign you could still carry there as long as there wasn't a 30.06 or 07 sign. Is that still the case with the new laws? Will a person without an LTC have to abide by a no weapons sign while an LTC holder won't? Will 30.06 and 07 signs still be a thing or is there a new sign LTC holders should look for?
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link to new laws?
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Link to new laws?
View Quote

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/Text.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=HB1927

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/in-depth/2021/08/24/406649/permitless-carry-in-texas-heres-what-you-need-to-know/amp/

This article seems to explain my question I guess.
It says there will have to be a 3rd sign for preventing unlicensed carrying of a firearm. I am still curious if it is strict on the requirements for the sign like the 30.06 or 07 signs are or if any size/shape/wording goes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/in-depth/2021/08/24/406649/permitless-carry-in-texas-heres-what-you-need-to-know/amp/

It says there will have to be a 3rd sign for preventing unlicensed carrying of a firearm. I am still curious if it is strict on the requirements for the sign like the 30.06 or 07 signs are or if any size/shape/wording goes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to new laws?

The 30.05 sign looks just like the 30.06/30.07 signs. Local HEB already has the 30.05 signs up along with 30.07.

One thing a LTC allows is you drink up to .08 just like driving a car. Also the TABC 'trespass' goes away.

Without a LTC you can not carry in a school zone like picking up your kids.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The 30.05 sign looks just like the 30.06/30.07 signs. Local HEB already has the 30.05 signs up along with 30.07.

One thing a LTC allows is you drink up to .08 just like driving a car. Also the TABC 'trespass' goes away.

View Quote
The part in bold - are they officially putting a BAC amount to the rule about 'being intoxicated'?  I recall the official statement right now is very loose with and open to interpretation.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

If H-E-B posts 30.05 I will no longer shop there.  F them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Waiting for someone to make a chart.

Looks like Law Shield is putting out another booklet you have to request.

https://lp.uslawshield.com/texas-constitutional-carry-v2/

Looks like they are doing a facebook live presentation tomorrow too: https://fb.me/e/1dxOJfdJJ

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not IF, they did, 2 HEB's in Cedar Park have the 30.05 signs in black. Woke cock suckers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not IF, they did, 2 HEB's in Cedar Park have the 30.05 signs in black. Woke cock suckers.
View Quote

The one at Parmer and IH35 didn't have it as of 4:30 yesterday afternoon.  Sounds like that will be my last visit to an H-E-B.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]
So is the 30.05 for unlicensed carry or is it ANY carry?
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So is the 30.05 for unlicensed carry or is it ANY carry?
View Quote

Not having a LTC, if you have a LTC you are good to go.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One in Burleson didn't have 30.05 or 30.07 signs
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

The signs I've seen online are not clear on that.  They just say firearms prohibited entirely.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The signs I've seen online are not clear on that.  They just say firearms prohibited entirely.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the 30.05 sign, if it is correct it will say you may carry a handgun under the section of law about LTC’s.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least the 30.07 is there, you need to look for them, they are hard to see at the bottom of the windows next to the doors. The 30.05 may appear in the next few days.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Read the 30.05 sign, if it is correct it will say you may carry a handgun under the section of law about LTC’s.
View Quote

The signs just say:

FIREARMS PROHIBITED
ARMAS DE FUEGO PROHIBIDAS

PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06,
PENAL CODE (CRIMINAL TRESPASS),
A PERSON MAY NOT ENTER THIS
PROPERTY WITH A FIREARM.
-----------------------------------------------------
CONFORME A LA SECCION
30.05 DEL CODIGO PENAL
(TRESPASO CRIMINAL) UNA PERSONA
NO PUEDE ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD
CON UN ARMA DE FUEGO.

Unless someone actually reads all of the new 30.05, the part about this only applying to unlicensed people is not obvious.

I'm sure that is entirely intentional.

So F those bastards at H-E-B and anyone else who posts it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The signs just say:

FIREARMS PROHIBITED
ARMAS DE FUEGO PROHIBIDAS

PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06,
PENAL CODE (CRIMINAL TRESPASS),
A PERSON MAY NOT ENTER THIS
PROPERTY WITH A FIREARM.
-----------------------------------------------------
CONFORME A LA SECCION
30.05 DEL CODIGO PENAL
(TRESPASO CRIMINAL) UNA PERSONA
NO PUEDE ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD
CON UN ARMA DE FUEGO.

Unless someone actually reads all of the new 30.05, the part about this only applying to unlicensed people is not obvious.

I'm sure that is entirely intentional.

So F those bastards at H-E-B and anyone else who posts it.

View Quote

I will get you guys a picture of the sign at the HEB by my house sometime this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
neither DWI laws nor LTC laws allow you to drink up to .08% BAC. Under ONE definition of intoxication, persons are presumed to be intoxicated at .08%. There is a second definition that makes no reference to any BAC. You should look it up.

And what is TABC Trespass?

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
neither DWI laws nor LTC laws allow you to drink up to .08% BAC. Under ONE definition of intoxication, persons are presumed to be intoxicated at .08%. There is a second definition that makes no reference to any BAC. You should look it up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The TABC sign that makes it a felony to carry an unlicensed handgun in a liquor store, or any place selling beer or wine.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Tomorrow at 9 AM Texas Law Shield is putting on an online seminar on Constitutional Carry.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The TABC sign that makes it a felony to carry an unlicensed handgun in a liquor store, or any place selling beer or wine.
View Quote

Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks...

The sign we have been seeing for years disappears on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks...

I'm sure a lot of those signs will be up for awhile longer because businesses are lazy and/or uninformed.  The signs just won't have force of law.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm sure a lot of those signs will be up for awhile longer because businesses are lazy and/or uninformed.  The signs just won't have force of law.
View Quote

This...  I still occasionally see the pre-30.06 signs here and there.  Ones with wording that hasn't been valid in at least 10-15 years.

I also see a lot of 30.06 and 30.07 signs that are obviously invalid.  One I saw yesterday had both 30.06 and 30.07 in both English and Spanish...  On a single piece of 8.5x11" paper.  So the printing was nowhere near the required 1".  Like obviously and completely not even remotely close.  Obviously they are lazy or can't read or something.

Link Posted: 8/28/2021 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, unlike 30.06 and 30.07 signs, the TABC signs were required on TABC-licensed premises.  So I assume that the TABC will tell those proprietors to remove the signs whenever they get their next inspection.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I knew that, thanks.  Just could not figure  out what he was talking about since Trespass has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#27]
The 30.05 sign at HEB
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#28]

The HEB in huntsville had that when I went yesterday. I just glanced at it but I feel like it was not all that visible. The law says it has to be "conspicious" and in contrasting colors. The sign was at the lowest part of the glass entrance, covered by the glass door that is always open, with white lettering on clear glass backed by the light colored floor. I could barely see it and I was looking for it. Definitely never noticed it before
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The HEB in huntsville had that when I went yesterday. I just glanced at it but I feel like it was not all that visible. The law says it has to be "conspicious" and in contrasting colors. The sign was at the lowest part of the glass entrance, covered by the glass door that is always open, with white lettering on clear glass backed by the light colored floor. I could barely see it and I was looking for it. Definitely never noticed it before
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You can miss them big time due to the dark glass. They may not be at your HEB yet, but will be soon. The one near me they have been working a lot.

This is the 30.07 sign there, it is on the very bottom of the window at ground level.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like a pretty good summary of the laws going into effect on September 1.

From US Law Shield.

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/5Z10RK5F/at/3grj768k34x5pqmmvhpc85c/TXCC-Guide-Single-Pg-Digital.pdf
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#31]

That is definitely different from the one that several places (which you can find by search engine) online are selling.  That one is fairly clear that it only applies to non-CHL holders.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That is definitely different from the one that several places (which you can find by search engine) online are selling.  That one is fairly clear that it only applies to non-CHL holders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They replaced the entire lettering on that side of the door. The English 30.07 looks the same as before.

What gets me is there is so much lettering next to the doors the 30.05/30.07 signs kind of get lost. The 30.07 is on the bottom next to the ground.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My heb has the signs.  I still shop there though because kroger sucks, even though kroger is the only grocery store I have seen someone open carrying.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My heb has the signs.  I still shop there though because kroger sucks, even though kroger is the only grocery store I have seen someone open carrying.
View Quote

I carry mind open or concealed at my kroger. Nobody gives a shit.

Humble area here
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They replaced the entire lettering on that side of the door. The English 30.07 looks the same as before.

What gets me is there is so much lettering next to the doors the 30.05/30.07 signs kind of get lost. The 30.07 is on the bottom next to the ground.
View Quote

They really push the "clearly visible to the public" with some of those signs.  Sadly, I doubt they'll ever be called on it, and I think many police, prosecutors, judges and even juries would side on the sign poster, even if the signs are really not compliant.  I sure wouldn't want to be a defendant claiming that a sign was not proper as my defense.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Just remember, signs or not, if you are given verbal notice you can not carry there you must leave with the weapon or you can be charged with trespassing. Same with a written notice on a menu.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I carry mind open or concealed at my kroger. Nobody gives a shit.

Humble area here
View Quote

Same - Kroger doesn't seem to care a whit ...

Also think it's funny that Johnson Space Center Federal Credit Union (NASA Credit Union) is an ABSOLUTELY a NO GUNS in ANY way, shape or form of carry place, yet Chase & Bank Of America didn't care a bit when I walked in with a pistol on my hip & a mask on my face...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#38]
So, even though 30.05 signs says No Firearms, LTC holders may still OC or CC unless there are additional .07 & .06 signs present?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So, even though 30.05 signs says No Firearms, LTC holders may still OC or CC unless there are additional .07 & .06 signs present?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Kind of…

PC30.05 is a mess to read, https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/docs/PE/htm/PE.30.htm

Basically,

Sec. 30.05.  CRIMINAL TRESPASS.  (a)  A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:
  (1)  had notice that the entry was forbidden; or
  (2)  received notice to depart but failed to do so.
(b)  For purposes of this section:
  (1)  "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.
  (2)  "Notice" means:
     (A)  oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;
     (B)  fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;
     (C)  a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;  
     (D)  the placement of identifying purple paint marks on trees or posts on the property, provided that the marks are:
        (i)  vertical lines of not less than eight inches in length and not less than one inch in width;
        (ii)  placed so that the bottom of the mark is not less than three feet from the ground or more than five feet from the ground;  and
        (iii)  placed at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property and no more than:
           (a)  100 feet apart on forest land;  or
           (b)  1,000 feet apart on land other than forest land;  or
     (E)  the visible presence on the property of a crop grown for human consumption that is under cultivation, in the process of being harvested, or marketable if harvested at the time of entry.
  (3)  "Shelter center" has the meaning assigned by Section 51.002, Human Resources Code.
  (4)  "Forest land" means land on which the trees are potentially valuable for timber products.
  (5)  "Agricultural land" has the meaning assigned by Section 75.001, Civil Practice and Remedies Code.
  (6)  "Superfund site" means a facility that:
     (A)  is on the National Priorities List established under Section 105 of the federal Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980 (42 U.S.C. Section 9605);  or
     (B)  is listed on the state registry established under Section 361.181, Health and Safety Code.
  (7)  "Critical infrastructure facility" means one of the following, if completely enclosed by a fence or other physical barrier that is obviously designed to exclude intruders:
     (A)  a chemical manufacturing facility;
     (B)  a refinery;
     (C)  an electrical power generating facility, substation, switching station, electrical control center, or electrical transmission or distribution facility;
     (D)  a water intake structure, water treatment facility, wastewater treatment plant, or pump station;
     (E)  a natural gas transmission compressor station;
     (F)  a liquid natural gas terminal or storage facility;
     (G)  a telecommunications central switching office;
     (H)  a port, railroad switching yard, trucking terminal, or other freight transportation facility;
     (I)  a gas processing plant, including a plant used in the processing, treatment, or fractionation of natural gas; or
     (J)  a transmission facility used by a federally licensed radio or television station.
  (8)  "Protected freshwater area" has the meaning assigned by Section 90.001, Parks and Wildlife Code.
  (9)  "Recognized state" means another state with which the attorney general of this state, with the approval of the governor of this state, negotiated an agreement after determining that the other state:
     (A)  has firearm proficiency requirements for peace officers; and
     (B)  fully recognizes the right of peace officers commissioned in this state to carry weapons in the other state.
  (10)  "Recreational vehicle park" has the meaning assigned by Section 13.087, Water Code.
  (11)  "Residential land" means real property improved by a dwelling and zoned for or otherwise authorized for single-family or multifamily use.
  (12)  "Institution of higher education" has the meaning assigned by Section 61.003, Education Code.

(f)  It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:
  (1)  the basis on which entry on the property or land or in the building was forbidden is that entry with a handgun was forbidden; and
  (2)  the person was carrying:
     (A)  a license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, to carry a handgun; and
     (B)  a handgun:
        (i)  in a concealed manner; or
        (ii)  in a shoulder or belt holster.

Edited: So basically it needs to be a handgun and concealed or a handgun holstered in a shoulder or belt holster.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just remember, signs or not, if you are given verbal notice you can not carry there you must leave with the weapon or you can be charged with trespassing. Same with a written notice on a menu.
View Quote

Written notice on a menu would have to have the same language as a 30.05, .06 or .07 sign to be enforceable.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Written notice on a menu would have to have the same language as a 30.05, .06 or .07 sign to be enforceable.
View Quote

Good point and I believe that to be correct.

It might be arguable, but as I read the law they'd also have to actually hand you a menu in order for you to "receive notice".  If they just leave the menu on the table like they do at some places (Texas Roadhouse for instance -- not that they are a place that has it, just and example of menus left in a rack on table), that might not be provable that someone actually looked at the menu or even touched it.

Also a lot of places these days don't actually give printed menus (sometimes unless asked for), they have a QR code on the table that you have to scan with your phone.  If my understanding of the law is correct, that wouldn't count either.

But I'm not a lawyer, so I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Kind of…

PC30.05 is a mess to read, https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/docs/PE/htm/PE.30.htm

Basically,

So basically it needs to be a handgun, concealed and holstered in a shoulder or belt holster.
View Quote

I saw on another page that this might not include an AR pistol. The author of the bill didn't include it in the language of the bill at the time. The thought was if it had a brace it might be looked up by an LEO as a rifle. Something else to clean up in the next session.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:  Written notice on a menu would have to have the same language as a 30.05, .06 or .07 sign to be enforceable.
View Quote

In English and Spanish, & in one inch tall letters?  
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I saw on another page that this might not include an AR pistol. The author of the bill didn't include it in the language of the bill at the time. The thought was if it had a brace it might be looked up by an LEO as a rifle. Something else to clean up in the next session.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of…

Basically,

So basically it needs to be a handgun, concealed and holstered in a shoulder or belt holster.

It also shouldn’t just be a defense to prosecution.  It should just not apply.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Kind of…

Basically,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of…

Basically,

Sec. 30.05.  CRIMINAL TRESPASS.  (a)  A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:
  (2)  "Notice" means:
     (A)  oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;
     (B)  fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;
     (C)  a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;  
     (D)  the placement of identifying purple paint marks on trees or posts on the property, provided that the marks are:
        (i)  vertical lines of not less than eight inches in length and not less than one inch in width;
        (ii)  placed so that the bottom of the mark is not less than three feet from the ground or more than five feet from the ground;  and
        (iii)  placed at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property and no more than:
     (E)  the visible presence on the property of a crop grown for human consumption that is under cultivation, in the process of being harvested, or marketable if harvested at the time of entry.
  (3)  "Shelter center" has the meaning assigned by Section 51.002, Human Resources Code.
  (4)  "Forest land" means land on which the trees are potentially valuable for timber products.
  (5)  "Agricultural land" has the meaning assigned by Section 75.001, Civil Practice and Remedies Code.
     (A)  is on the National Priorities List established under Section 105 of the federal Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980 (42 U.S.C. Section 9605);  or
     (B)  is listed on the state registry established under Section 361.181, Health and Safety Code.
  (7)  "Critical infrastructure facility" means one of the following, if completely enclosed by a fence or other physical barrier that is obviously designed to exclude intruders:
     (B)  a refinery;
     (C)  an electrical power generating facility, substation, switching station, electrical control center, or electrical transmission or distribution facility;
     (D)  a water intake structure, water treatment facility, wastewater treatment plant, or pump station;
     (H)  a port, railroad switching yard, trucking terminal, or other freight transportation facility;
     (I)  a gas processing plant, including a plant used in the processing, treatment, or fractionation of natural gas; or
     (J)  a transmission facility used by a federally licensed radio or television station.
  (8)  "Protected freshwater area" has the meaning assigned by Section 90.001, Parks and Wildlife Code.
  (9)  "Recognized state" means another state with which the attorney general of this state, with the approval of the governor of this state, negotiated an agreement after determining that the other state:
     (B)  fully recognizes the right of peace officers commissioned in this state to carry weapons in the other state.
  (10)  "Recreational vehicle park" has the meaning assigned by Section 13.087, Water Code.
  (11)  "Residential land" means real property improved by a dwelling and zoned for or otherwise authorized for single-family or multifamily use.
  (12)  "Institution of higher education" has the meaning assigned by Section 61.003, Education Code.

(1)  the basis on which entry on the property or land or in the building was forbidden is that entry with a handgun was forbidden; and
     (A)  a license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, to carry a handgun; and
     (B)  a handgun:

That's not what you quoted.  I read if you're licensed, you may carry a handgun:

in a concealed manner;

or in a shoulder or belt holster.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought I saw somewhere in that mess a section saying an officer can now stop you and disarm you just for carrying a weapon.  In the past, you had to have done something to warrant the stop and investigation. That's not the case now, is it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's not what you quoted.  I read if you're licensed, you may carry a handgun:

in a concealed manner;

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of…

Basically,

(2)  "Notice" means:
     (B)  a refinery;

(B)  a handgun:

in a concealed manner;

Yes, I see what you are saying, I missed the “or” and thought “and”.

It sucks when laws are so out of control that they are hard to follow.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

All three of my AR "pistols" are braceless.  They have a purpose built pistol buffer that is not designed to have anything attached to it, and they don't have any kind of fore grip.  That said, concealing them is still not going to be easy because they are big.  And finding a holster that holds them properly isn't easy either.  I'm sure someone makes them, but I can't go down to a LGS and get one.

However, I'd sadly say that I wouldn't be surprised if an uninformed and anti-gun LEO might still try to claim even an unquestionable pistol configuration AR as being a rifle.  It might get thrown out later, but it could still ruin a person's day (or more).  Especially since dumbass DA's like Travis County's Jose "Piss Gargler" Garza can apparently get anyone indicted for anything by the pinko grand juries these days.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

In English and Spanish, & in one inch tall letters?  
View Quote

"Printed Card" handed to you does not have those requirements if I understand the law correctly.  If it is a fixed sign, then that applies.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I actually made it a point to look for the 30.05 signs when I went to HEB this afternoon and they are so much harder to pick out than the 30.07 and usual TABC postings.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top