Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2021 8:34:00 AM EDT
Look forward to meeting Y'all in the area. Getting the hell away from Houston, so we just purchased a house in Springtown. House is on just over an ac. and backs up to a ranch so it's beautiful. I wanted more but I do have my ranch just a few hours away - just didn't want neighbors right on my house.
Land, lots and houses were going SO fast we got lucky. Payed more than I wanted but I'll suck it up. The house is almost finished. We're heading out next week to move this house and probably going to stay with my daughter or in my travel trailer until this house is sold and that house is finished. I still can't believe how crazy the market is all over Texas.
Anyway - if you see a black F250 with a BFL on the back that'll be me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats, OP. Welcome to the north. We’re closer to DFW, but get over to Azle and Springtown pretty regularly. Check out the Lug1 Night of Wonder meet up thread if you want to meet some locals.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats, OP. Welcome to the north. We’re closer to DFW, but get over to Azle and Springtown pretty regularly. Check out the Lug1 Night of Wonder meet up thread if you want to meet some locals.
View Quote

Thank you!! Will do. Any other advice I'd love. :)
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Springtown.  Welcome to country living.

Shooting you an email
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm in Springtown.  Welcome to country living.

Shooting you an email
View Quote

Nice! Can't wait to meet you. There is an indoor gun range about 2 miles from where our house is being built as I recall. Be fun to punch some holes in targets and grab dinner sometime.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Welcome!
View Quote

Thank you!!!! This moving thing though sucks. Over 20 years in this house in Katy - I never knew how much crap I needed to just get rid of. My trash men hate and the people that pick up scrap metal, wood, etc. love me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 2:42:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I owned a house on giililand road 99-06…ex wife kept it
Parker count pa sportsman club is close put I have not been there since 2003
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You'll like it up here.  The temp is hotter, but less humid....And closer to your daughter also.
View Quote

Yeah the humidity from hell here I won't miss. :)
And heck it's not just my oldest daughter but my youngest lives in Dallas, my sister is in Dallas - the wife and I were only in Houston because I was making a crap load and then the company I worked for went to hell and laid off thousands (myself included). Now it's a perfect time to move and we're excited.

Quoted:
I owned a house on giililand road 99-06…ex wife kept it
Parker count pa sportsman club is close put I have not been there since 2003
View Quote

I'll have to check it out. I'm actually going to see how far it is from the house right now - thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Just signed on the new house and we move in on Friday. Now I need to know if anyone has any ideas on Internet? I'm off of Odell Road and they act like I'm in some strange country when you call a provider. :)

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#11]
First...download the Starlink sky view app and see if you have a place with no trees obstructing the view. It you do, get on their waiting list asap.

Then look around at the other houses for little 24" white dishes pointing at the horizon.  They could be on the side of the house, they could be on the roof. Could be on a 20' pole mounted on the roof.  Line of Sight, low power wireless.   Nextlink is the most likely provider.  You schedule an install and a guy comes out fucks around for a while to see if they can get a signal.  A tree with two leaves in it will block their signal.  If they say you cannot get service, there are 2 - 3 smaller LOS wireless providers in the area.  I am paying $110/ month for 50 Mb down/10 Mb up.  It has been pretty solid at 45 MB.. We use for work,Netflix and Prime...no problems.  The problem is, they may  say they can get you service, but nothing is guaranteed till the tech comes out.  Since even light tree canopies kill the signal, RF propagation/profile maps do not really help them

You may be surprised to find that a attic or just above roofline antenna pulls in all the Dallas stations.   Ch 8 is a little fiffy under some weather conditions, but the others are rock solid.  We get an Amazon DVR box and love it.

Down the list is fixed cellular.  Verizon will not sell up fixed home service, but I have a 4G hotspot as a backup to the LOS wireless dish.  I get a solid 35 Mb with it, but I am limited to 30 GB per month for $10.  Cannot watch movies on that, but its is more than adequate as a backup for the wife and I both working form home.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks NAK! I'll have to look into that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top