Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2021 11:03:09 PM EDT
Thoughts on how or if this will affect TX?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't send out of Houston, more gas for us?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I filled up the car last night at Kroger (121 & Josey) for $2.69 per gallon.  Diesel was over $3, though, and it was less than that last week when I filled up the F250.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#3]
They'll raise prices for us even though we shouldn't be affected, just because they can.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They'll raise prices for us even though we shouldn't be affected, just because they can.
View Quote

Texas ‘natural’ gas price is in the $2.49-2.89 range, this price allows drillers, wholesalers and refineries to make a profit. When gas dropped down to $1.49 during the start of the pandemic everyone was losing money on gas especially at the well. So the wells started shutting down or cutting back  laying off workers.

Now Pedo Joe has done a lot of damage to our oil infrastructure, forcing wells on public land to shut down and reducing fracking. This will force the U.S. to no longer be a net producer of oil like we were under President Trump.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to work in the supply side of the oil industry. Barges, ships & pipelines.

It should not. As others have said they will probably raise prices just because they can. The big problem with what is going on is that the CP pipeline is the fastest way to get gasoline to that part of the country and the infrastructure is not really there to get it there by ship and barges will take too long. There is probably a way to get it up there from Port Everglades but has not been used in many years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Texas ‘natural’ gas price is in the $2.49-2.89 range, this price allows drillers, wholesalers and refineries to make a profit. When gas dropped down to $1.49 during the start of the pandemic everyone was losing money on gas especially at the well. So the wells started shutting down or cutting back  laying off workers.

Now Pedo Joe has done a lot of damage to our oil infrastructure, forcing wells on public land to shut down and reducing fracking. This will force the U.S. to no longer be a net producer of oil like we were under President Trump.
View Quote

Biden wants to do to the US oil industry what Chavez and Maduro have done to Venezuela.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Biden wants to do to the US oil industry what Chavez and Maduro have done to Venezuela.
View Quote

But we don’t have any mean tweets anymore.

Yes gas prices will go up here because it’s a commodity and if they didn’t go up here they would say they are trying to make a profit off someone else’s hardship there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife has a rotating schedule, she works the next two nights, so I usually make sure her jeep is full of gas. We stopped at our Walmart outside Dallas last night. No 87 octane. Switched over to 89 octane, pumped 22 cents and it shut down.

The other gas stations in town had gas, but Walmart had been sucked dry. My truck had enough gas for one more day, but I filled up anyway.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My wife has a rotating schedule, she works the next two nights, so I usually make sure her jeep is full of gas. We stopped at our Walmart outside Dallas last night. No 87 octane. Switched over to 89 octane, pumped 22 cents and it shut down.

The other gas stations in town had gas, but Walmart had been sucked dry. My truck had enough gas for one more day, but I filled up anyway.
View Quote

Hopefully this is a isolated event and not like we had a few years back when everyone decided to fill up on the same day for “reasons” and cause us issues for no good reason.  But we did have a run on toilet paper last year so my hope that people are not stupid is not a good one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Gasoline is a commodity, traded on the market with a mind-numbing number of options, futures, and other ways to buy and sell it.

If something happens to the supply, prices naturally go up in response, at the wholesale commodity level.  That then impacts everyplace its sold, as other aspects of the business put a percent markup on their costs.

There's not some Dr. Evil spinning the gas price wheel, rubbing his hands and saying "How much can I squeeze from the public."  Often it's the opposite - after hurricanes and such that tank supply of natural gas from platforms in the Gulf, the industry will often eat the higher commodity price and sell the product at or about the same price as it was, to avoid being accused of "price gouging".  
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hopefully this is a isolated event and not like we had a few years back when everyone decided to fill up on the same day for “reasons” and cause us issues for no good reason.  But we did have a run on toilet paper last year so my hope that people are not stupid is not a good one.
View Quote

Toilet paper, electricity, food. Walmart couldn't fill my son's medication last week, all of their suppliers were out, we ended up having to change meds.

A lot of my business supplies are backordered. My guy who makes boxes for my supplies can't get a steady supply of cardboard to make boxes for me. I finally got my 80K 3 phase generator on order from Cummins. I had to put 50% down and it will take at least 4 months for them to build the machine.

Don't get me started on deliveries. We're tracking 3 pallets of freight today on different carriers that were supposed to be delivered yesterday, they are still sitting in freight warehouses today. I had product going to UC Davis last week, it took 7 business days to arrive, part of the material is ruined, customers are pissed. FedEx made up some bullshit story about not getting it delivered, then they finally admitted they didn't have enough people to drive their trucks. We're talking Davis, California, right outside Sacramento, not Marfa, Texas.

I had another single box to a customer in North Carolina, $200 to ship it on 2nd day Express via FedEx, it arrived 5 days late. More ruined product, more pissed customers with a $200 fedex bill.

Doesn't seem to matter that we've been working 6 days a week for 15 months now, we can't get product and we're having limited success trying to ship product out.

Short of having a civil war, someone is doing their best to kill our economy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Also there is a shortage on tanker drivers. Need a class A, with tank and Haz Mat endorsements.

Gas stations need to raise their gas prices before a wholesale increase or they have to dip into savings to buy gas to replace the gas they sold. Now before the tanker leaves for a gas station you need to pay for the gas up front electronically.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Toilet paper, electricity, food. Walmart couldn't fill my son's medication last week, all of their suppliers were out, we ended up having to change meds.

A lot of my business supplies are backordered. My guy who makes boxes for my supplies can't get a steady supply of cardboard to make boxes for me. I finally got my 80K 3 phase generator on order from Cummins. I had to put 50% down and it will take at least 4 months for them to build the machine.

Don't get me started on deliveries. We're tracking 3 pallets of freight today on different carriers that were supposed to be delivered yesterday, they are still sitting in freight warehouses today. I had product going to UC Davis last week, it took 7 business days to arrive, part of the material is ruined, customers are pissed. FedEx made up some bullshit story about not getting it delivered, then they finally admitted they didn't have enough people to drive their trucks. We're talking Davis, California, right outside Sacramento, not Marfa, Texas.

I had another single box to a customer in North Carolina, $200 to ship it on 2nd day Express via FedEx, it arrived 5 days late. More ruined product, more pissed customers with a $200 fedex bill.

Doesn't seem to matter that we've been working 6 days a week for 15 months now, we can't get product and we're having limited success trying to ship product out.

Short of having a civil war, someone is doing their best to kill our economy.
View Quote

This is exactly what happens when one day several governments tell everyone it’s illegal to work.  Add on the government paying more to stay home for some and not work along with trying to produce most of what you need to a single country  and you get a cluster fuck.

I work in healthcare and for some reason we had politicians with no medical training or experience tell us it was illegal to provide healthcare to individuals unless they were going to die at that specific moment without the care.  So we had to delay care that would find things like breast cancer.  Would you die of breast cancer that day?  No.  But if we would have found it months earlier there would be a chance we could save your life.  Now we get to tell people it would have been nice to find it 6 months or a year earlier as now there is nothing we can do.  Oh and sorry there won’t be any life insurance for your family when you die because the government made your company fire you and force you to loose your benefits.  On the bright side I guess we got to tell this person we tried our best to not let them get a virus that had a 98 percent survival rate.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Every TX thread I make goes off in odd directions.  

Pipeline is allegedly starting again and I’ve seen no affects except a slight piece increase.  
Hopefully that is all we see.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#16]
i had to drive to see my FFL today, i passed by probably 5 gas stations and none had lines. I decided to go to Costco and it was INSANE. it was full. i don't get it. i usually pump at Costco but decided to go to Exxon to avoid the line.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
i had to drive to see my FFL today, i passed by probably 5 gas stations and none had lines. I decided to go to Costco and it was INSANE. it was full. i don't get it. i usually pump at Costco but decided to go to Exxon to avoid the line.
View Quote

Costco gas always seems busy to me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Bookmark this Gasbuddy outage link for future outage tracking.  This was also useful for the supply blip Texas had in 2018ish.
https://tracker.gasbuddy.com/?_ga=2.74442194.1300372083.1620927897-1664297695.1620927897&lat=31.872540032016197&lng=-96.74436054547549
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Shell station around the corner from me was $2.46 two days ago.  This afternoon it's $2.43, so yes there's been an impact resulting in a price reduction
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I drove by the Costco on 75 in Plano at 130pm yesterday.......line of 20-30 cars halfway to to feeder road.
Drove ten minutes north to the Costco in McKinney.......six cars pumping, eighteen open pumps.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#21]
It's gone up by $0.40 a gallon here in New Braunfels area in the last week and a half.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I drove by the Costco on 75 in Plano at 130pm yesterday.......line of 20-30 cars halfway to to feeder road.
Drove ten minutes north to the Costco in McKinney.......six cars pumping, eighteen open pumps.
View Quote

That Costco always has insane lines at the gas pumps.

mm
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Burnet tx is up 48 cents a gal on 87

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top