Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2021 4:19:58 PM EDT
Since the sand pit is no more has anybody ever joined this place? Kinda pricey and i dont like the fact they want copies of NFA stamps, but not a lot of options.

https://www.jacobsplaingunclub.com/about-us
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
That's not NE Dallas that's out on the other side of Greenville close to Commerce. Seems like a long way from Dallas to call it that.

There are closer gun ranges to Dallas some even in Dallas County but are very private. Same with western Kaufman County and northern Ellis County that has some choice ranges over 1000m but very private and limited membership buy ins.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Its close to me, I just put that in the title so everybody not from up here can skip over it and save themselves a click.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Copies of stamps?  That’s a not-fucking-ever for me thanks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot monthly PRS matches out there but I’m not a member.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
... the fact they want copies of NFA stamps...
View Quote

Where do they say this?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The pit closing was a bummer.  This is interesting as right now the only time I go shooting is on my hunting least in OK, or at the local guntry club in frisco.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where do they say this?
View Quote

https://www.jacobsplaingunclub.com/range-rules

“Class III firearms, to include suppressors and “short barreled rifles”, are allowed. All members using a Class III firearm must have a tax stamp on file with Jacob’s Plain Gun Club.”

Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve been out there a few times, however never with my nfa toys and now I won’t be back.

Nmg

ETA: it’s been awhile since I have been out there. There’s a lot of new rules.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

What the hell kind of fudd nonsense is that?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Thanks.
Obviously that rule was written by someone who doesn't own NFA and doesn't like the smarmy unwashed characters that do.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Who the hell would ask for copies of tax stamps?    I'd be cool with them looking at them,  but copies... hell to the naw.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who the hell would ask for copies of tax stamps?....
View Quote

At least they didn't ask for your Class 3 License:

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Never heard of it before, and after looking at the website and seeing their costs and rules, I will go ahead and forget about it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Never heard of it before, and after looking at the website and seeing their costs and rules, I will go ahead and forget about it.
View Quote

Yep. Basically it’s okay to bring a family member a few times as a guest. After that they need to buy a membership.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top