Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 2:36:52 PM EDT
I received this message from the TSRA this morning

Hello Xxxxxx,

You may or may not have heard that there is a nationwide effort to have an armed rally in every capital on a certain day.

This rally effort is not sponsored by any group-not the NRA, not TSRA. Literally, I have seen one such flyer and no group, organization or person has their name on this endeavor.

Do not misunderstand me, it is the lack of sponsorship that worries me. I don't know what their goals are and neither does the FBI who has a warning out about this event.

Please be very careful about these events.

TSRA is not involved nor are we recommending any of our members attend.

Andi Turner
Legislative Director
TSRA
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The only people pushing this supposed armed rally has been the government and mainstream media.  Seriously, who is actually promoting these alleged rallies?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Got same note and wondering same thing. Lots of strange in the world right now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm surprised the TSRA isn't telling people to go, so they can use the negotiations to keep some political power.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm surprised the TSRA isn't telling people to go, so they can use the negotiations to keep some political power.
View Quote

TSRA has spent Decades building good relations & reputation with the Legislature.

A few Loony's armed & then cutting loose at the Capital would sink all that hard work in a heartbeat.

From the Reasoned & Responsible at the Richmond Rally which showed we were not crazy, to the Violent & Loony at the Capital on 1-6-2021 which screamed the opposite.

I'd expect our worst enemies to try to do that to us, but sadly we often find 'our own' are our own worst enemies...

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The only people pushing this supposed armed rally has been the government and mainstream media.  Seriously, who is actually promoting these alleged rallies?
View Quote

I saw the flyer.  antifa and dsa types.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m not surprised there are people posting crap like this.

Gun owners need to stay the fuck away from this trap.  

They are going to use this trap to push the gun control issue.

Don’t play their game.

The same game they played on us at the capital.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL, all the commies have to do is circulate these bullshit rumors weekly, and we'll never protest again.

Yes it's a trap...an area-denial trap, like a mine field.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly; they literally changed the words on a commie flyer, lol.  Imo it was meant to look fake.  Like we're supposed to think it's an Antifa trap & not the FBI's doing.  The same guy who spent 10min shopping the commie flyer could have made a new one just as easily.

Remember, the FBI has been studiously avoiding mere acknowledgement of Antifa while framing "boogaloos" for their crimes all year.  It's hardly a far-fetched theory.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:05:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be.  But don't discount the possibility that it's foreign actors (Russians, Chinese, whoever) doing it to cause more discord.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:49:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Definitely preying on the open carry types
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I’m not surprised there are people posting crap like this.

Gun owners need to stay the fuck away from this trap.  

They are going to use this trap to push the gun control issue.

Don’t play their game.

The same game they played on us at the capital.
View Quote

What crap?  That, as can be readily observed, the TSRA stands ready to sell us out and stab us in the back when it's to their benefit?  

Stay away from the capitol next week unless you have some particular business there.  I don't care what the TSRA says about it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Since the TSRA has a new legislative director I'm willing to give them a fresh look.
I'm a life member that has been very disappointed in them in the past.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top