Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2016 7:42:37 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a nice, clean hotel in F'burg TX?  Safe near the activities would be a plus...me and the wife may take a trip there later this year...

Regards,

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a lot of hotels around there and lots of options depending on how much you want to spend.  Weekends are usually packed so get a reservation well in advance of when you want to go.  There are the usual big chain hotels, the small local hotels, and lots of bed & breakfasts.  I've spend two weekends there staying at the Comfort Inn and the Best Western most recently.  Both were decent hotels and not far from the main area of town.  I like to go out to Enchanted Rock to go hiking early in the morning before it gets packed and then head to Fredericksburg for lunch and then walk the main street for a few hours.  Then go to the hotel to freshen up, go back to town for dinner at one of the German restaurants and then find somewhere with live music and some cold beer in the evening.  Makes for a nice weekend trip.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Inn on Barons Creek
308 South Washington Street | Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Tel: 830-990-9202

Hanger Hotel is OK.
Fredricksberg Inn is old and dated.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#3]
The Inn on Barons Creek is one of the nicer ones.

We normally book a B&B while there.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Inn on Barons Creek
308 South Washington Street | Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Tel: 830-990-9202

Hanger Hotel is OK.
Fredricksberg Inn is old and dated.
View Quote

My wife recommends the Inn on Barons Creek as well. They stayed there for a work trip and enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
We went there this time of year about ten years ago. It was over 110 on the day we were there. I don't remember much about the place we stayed other than the A/C worked very well. We stopped by Schlitterbaun on the way back. That was fun.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for the Inn on Barons Creek.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Hangar Hotel at the airport. Take a look.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Peach Tree Inn.

Old school motor lodge. Clean as a whistle and next door to a liquor store.  Guy that runs it is a vet.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:51:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I stayed at the Fredricksburg Inn & Suites several years ago for a family reunion and their pool area is very nice the breakfast area was nice as well. The room was ok, my wife is a clean freak and I don't recall her complaining a bit. It is directly across the street from the Inn on Barons Creek and both are about half a block (300 yards) away from the Nimitz Museum on Main Street.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:25:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh man guys great responses....sounds like I have some options.  Not sure when we are going, more than likely this fall when it is cooler.  Looking forward to the trip.

Thanks a bunch,

From your neighboring Louisiana
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top