Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 7:54:13 PM EDT
Howdy friends,

Thinking of Eagle Squadron or Prime View seats for the 2015 show.  Any of y'all splurged for these in years past?  Are they worth it?

Prime View is right up front at the runway; not sure how close to the action the Eagle Squadron seats are.  Any advice appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Howdy friends,

Thinking of Eagle Squadron or Prime View seats for the 2015 show.  Any of y'all splurged for these in years past?  Are they worth it?

Prime View is right up front at the runway; not sure how close to the action the Eagle Squadron seats are.  Any advice appreciated.

View Quote

I havent been to an air show in a year or two now.  Just havent made the time and they've all been far from the casa lately.  

I've been to the Houston air shows where the blue angels have flown but I didnt pay for the pricey seating. If you get there early enough in the AM, you can score front-row seating just to the left anyways.

The thing that does make the seating worth while is you can leave, then get your seat back after you take a whizz!  Unless you have someone there to keep fools from tossing your seat to the side.  

If you plan on bringing a camera, forget it unless it's at least a 300+mm for aerial shots.  The taxi shots are pretty easy to get with most any point-shoot, as they get pretty close to the crowd which is nice.

I've been to Houston, DFW, Kingsville and Corpus air shows here in TX.

I think based on the last time I looked at the list, theres only two blue angels shows this year in TX :(  I don't know that I will make it to either one this year.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much for the feedback.  The Blues were at Ellington in Oct of 2014,but thankfully for 2015 the Wings Over Houston folks have brought in the real talent.  ;)  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I havent been to an air show in a year or two now.  Just havent made the time and they've all been far from the casa lately.  

I've been to the Houston air shows where the blue angels have flown but I didnt pay for the pricey seating. If you get there early enough in the AM, you can score front-row seating just to the left anyways.

The thing that does make the seating worth while is you can leave, then get your seat back after you take a whizz!  Unless you have someone there to keep fools from tossing your seat to the side.  

If you plan on bringing a camera, forget it unless it's at least a 300+mm for aerial shots.  The taxi shots are pretty easy to get with most any point-shoot, as they get pretty close to the crowd which is nice.

I think based on the last time I looked at the list, theres only two blue angels shows this year in TX :(  I don't know that I will make it to either one this year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Howdy friends,

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
For the last few years this has been my seat at WOH. It's hard to beat  

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful bird, sir.  May I borrow her next weekend?  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't own it. LSFM just lets me fly it once in a while.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thank you very much for the feedback.  The Blues were at Ellington in Oct of 2014,but thankfully for 2015 the Wings Over Houston folks have brought in the real talent.  ;)  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Howdy friends,

Personally I don't care who they are or what branch.  I enjoy the shows either way though I havent seen the thunderbirds yet at an air show.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Work the show as a volunteer, better seats than you'll ever buy.  Of the 2 Prime view, it's basically show center for Arial performances.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top