Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 10:15:57 AM EDT
He is running against cornhole.  

I was just reading about him and a lot of what I read makes me think WTF.

What do you all know about him.

He anint no Ted Cruz but he may be better than cornholle
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're talking about the thread in GD, you can do like I did and hit the ignore button on about 6 of the people who are from out of state and posting bull shit.  There are a couple of dick heads from VA who need to learn to STFU.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I won't vote for him and I'm in his district.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're talking about the thread in GD, you can do like I did and hit the ignore button on about 6 of the people who are from out of state and posting bull shit.  There are a couple of dick heads from VA who need to learn to STFU.
View Quote

I got to wade off over there and see this.  I just want someone good to run against cornhole
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please expand.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Please expand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please expand.

He's just another politician from what I've seen.  Ran negative ads to win the primary, and everyone I know that paid attention during it would have preferred the other guy.  I honestly didn't look into him too much and went off the info a good trusted friend.  There were many people in this area that got behind an L candidate after Stockman won the primary.  

I"ll have to look in to him more but I seriously doubt I'll ever vote for him.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in his district and I'll strongly back him as a VERY pro 2nd amendment representative.

He had Ted Nugent has his guest for the Obama "Blame Guns - We've got to limit them" state of the disunion speech.

He has BIG 'ol billboards with his name and NRA on them, so if you want to go RINO for a McCain or such, feel free to do so.

When it comes to my vote, the guy who STRONGLY supports my 2nd amendment rights gets my vote.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I live in his district and I'll strongly back him as a VERY pro 2nd amendment representative.

He had Ted Nugent has his guest for the Obama "Blame Guns - We've got to limit them" state of the disunion speech.

He has BIG 'ol billboards with his name and NRA on them, so if you want to go RINO for a McCain or such, feel free to do so.

When it comes to my vote, the guy who STRONGLY supports my 2nd amendment rights gets my vote.
View Quote

That's all well and good but I"m not a single issue voter and neither are most of the people I know.  He may be a better option than Cornyn but we'll see.  I'm not a fan of Cornyn either so who knows.  

Stockman has a lot of work to do.  He has  $32k in campaign funds compared to Cornyn's $7mil.

ETA: Link with numbers.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He's just another politician from what I've seen.  Ran negative ads to win the primary, and everyone I know that paid attention during it would have preferred the other guy.  I honestly didn't look into him too much and went off the info a good trusted friend.  There were many people in this area that got behind an L candidate after Stockman won the primary.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please expand.

Just another politician who ran negative ads? Name one politician who doesn't.
So, you outright dismiss him, when you admittedly don't know too much about him and just go by other folks' opinions of him? How about doing some homework yourself, before deciding "I won't vote for him"?
Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:09:49 AM EDT
[#9]
There was more to it but I really don't remember and don't care. I'll research him more if and when it matters.

At the time the fact that a friend I've had for 20 years that's a Christian/conservative/2a guy didn't like him was enough for me.

I'll have to ask him later what the deal was.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I haven't paid much attention to the issues yet, but Stockman has always come across as genuine and plainspoken in the interviews of him that I've heard. Cornyn definitely seems like DC has gotten to him, so he needs to be put to pasture, so to speak.

Unless someone better steps up, Stockman has my vote.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I still haven't liked everything I've read about Stockman but I talked to my friend and his problem with Stockman was that he lied about Takash and my friend knows him and has personal ties.  

Given his 2A stance he'll be a better candidate than some but other than that I don't think he'll be any different.  He's not going to be like Cruz who at this point I'm questioning as well after his posts about Mandela.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I got to wade off over there and see this.  I just want someone good to run against cornhole
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did I tell you.  It's full of Yankee carpetbagger trolls telling us Stockman isn't worth a shit.  I'll bet 2 days ago, they have never heard of him.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What did I tell you.  It's full of Yankee carpetbagger trolls telling us Stockman isn't worth a shit.  I'll bet 2 days ago, they have never heard of him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea they get all butt hurt over ted cruz.

Stockman is a yankee and I have not found out much about his personal life but he is better than cornhole and he is very pro gun.   He has my vote unless someone else has  better chance against cornhole
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I still haven't liked everything I've read about Stockman but I talked to my friend and his problem with Stockman was that he lied about Takash and my friend knows him and has personal ties.  

Given his 2A stance he'll be a better candidate than some but other than that I don't think he'll be any different.  He's not going to be like Cruz who at this point I'm questioning as well after his posts about Mandela.

View Quote

That shit he was talking about mandela still has my head spinning
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For sure.

As of now I'll probably vote for Stockman over Cornyn unless I find a reason not to.

I don't really like any of them and hate what politics has become.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Stockman has been around forever. At one time in 1993 I met the man in person when he showed up at our little gathering of about  12 to 18 of us holding a gun-rights meeting. He was an unknown with no backing or financial support. He got elected during that Newt Gingrich Replublican sweep of 1994. But, he only served one term and got booted  (he did something wrong, I don't recall what it was since he wasn't in my district) . His constituents voted him out and put Democrat Lampson in his place instead. And so now, fast forward 18 years later, and he got himself relected again a couple of years back doing the same replay of hardly a dollar in his pocket and having to run his campaign out of a friends bathroom..(...or was it a friends garage.?) Well now he has a scandal in the news once again. A scant reported $32,000 in his cauffers to run against Sen Cornball's $7 mil isn't very impressive either.  So after all these years in and out of politics, he hasn't yet figured out how to make enough friends &i influence to grow good name support and backing. Nor does he seem to ever have any of his own money to invest in himself.

I look back to 1993 when I was much younger and naive person, and me and the handful of gun rights activists buddies supported him as well as some other unknown candidates like Judge Mike Mansfield (who was homeless in his early years and slept with his pet dog in his car), and Judge Lon Harper. ( who was later brought up for judicial ethics violations for cleaning his pistol at the bench while trials were going on, and being video taped working 2 hours a day and going home) Some of these fringe type guys are NOT an ultra conservative Ted Cruz (who I highly respect), and more remind me of that 84 year old Lyndon La Rouche guy who perpetually runs for president. (Yes, that Lyndon Larouche..... the nutcase that always has his supporters gathered in front of the GRBrown GunShows with a poster of Obama wearing a Hitler Mustache.)

Sorry if I sound cynical, but I don't think Stockmanm has progressed much since those early days, and he really comes across to me as a drifter and a loser. BTW,....he would tell you that he is originally from Michigan where at one time he really was homeless and a drifter. He still reminds me of that same guy today all these years later that has never built a solid foundation.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm still learning towards voting for Dwayne Stovall in the primary.
http://www.examiner.com/article/putting-texas-first-and-the-dwayne-stovall-senate-campaign

But either way I figure as long as people vote "against" Cornyn in the primary and get us a runoff we can see where we stand then.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife and are voting for Stovall.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My beef is with Cornyn.
If there are better candidates to choose from , then great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still learning towards voting for Dwayne Stovall in the primary.
http://www.examiner.com/article/putting-texas-first-and-the-dwayne-stovall-senate-campaign

But either way I figure as long as people vote "against" Cornyn in the primary and get us a runoff we can see where we stand then.

My beef is with Cornyn.
If there are better candidates to choose from , then great.

+1
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I heard Stovall speak at a local Cleveland area Tea Party meeting on time when he was running against John Otto for state rep.  Both men conducted themselves as complete gentlemen.  Stovall had nothing bad to say about Otto and vice versa, Stovall just thought himself more of a constitutional conservative.  I voted for Otto since I had no beef with him politically and his office lit a fire under the CCW office in Austin to get me my license after a long wait.  Having said that, I would vote for Stovall in a heartbeat over Cornhole.  Stovall seemed like a very legit small business man who is absolutely fed up with DC.  I will vote for either Stovall or Stockman, whichever one gets the most momentum against shithead.

On another note, Cornyn's acknowledgement of Stockman entering the race was smug to say the least.  I hope that POS loses the primary in a big way.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:05:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Patterson running for Senate?
View Quote

Ooops......I stand corrected. I wish he was running for Sen.  Let's hope Patterson beats Lt.Gov Dewhhurst the career politician.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top