Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2012 6:58:37 AM EDT
Anyone going to shoot this match tomorrow?
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep - I'll be there in a few hours.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 4:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Where is the location and time?  It might be fun to watch.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where is the location and time?  It might be fun to watch.

+1 since I just moved to the town
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#4]
It's on Boys Ranch Rd first place on your left when coming from Copperas Cove downtown.

Take FM 116 to Boys Ranch Rd.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's on Boys Ranch Rd first place on your left when coming from Copperas Cove downtown.

Take FM 116 to Boys Ranch Rd.

That's downtown?

mm
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#6]
For future reference, toward the west end of town, FM116 south. The Valero gas station and Dairy Queen, turn left (south) on FM116 drive south until you get to boys ranch road. At the intersection of Boys Ranch Road and FM116 the range is READILY visible to the right.

Info on the range is available here
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For future reference, toward the west end of town, FM116 south. The Valero gas station and Dairy Queen, turn left (south) on FM116 drive south until you get to boys ranch road. At the intersection of Boys Ranch Road and FM116 the range is READILY visible to the right.

Info on the range is available here

Sum bitch....I live that close to it  
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I went, had a great time. Would have been even better if I had not put my shell latch in backwards in my Remington 1100. Luckily my battle's gun is the same as mine. Cant wait til April's 3 gun.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#9]
It was a fun match that ran smoothly (like they usually do at Cove).  Loved the little 20rd jungle-run shotgun stage - smoked it down in 28 seconds.

Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:01:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I wish I could have made it, but the allergies were kicking my ass.  Don't forget guys that they shoot IDPA on the first Saturday of every month and also steel challenge on the second Saturday.  There's more than just 3 gun there!
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#11]
And I was only a tad (ahem... 12 seconds) behind you, Doug.  I really wish I could have watched you run that stage to see where you gained so much time on me.  I've watched my video from that stage a few times and I can see where i can make up about 8 seconds but those last 4.... tough.  You are the man.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#12]
It's because he's 9 feet tall and can fly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And I was only a tad (ahem... 12 seconds) behind you, Doug.  I really wish I could have watched you run that stage to see where you gained so much time on me.  I've watched my video from that stage a few times and I can see where i can make up about 8 seconds but those last 4.... tough.  You are the man.

Thanks - it was a really fun stage to shoot.  Obviously not as good as a video, but here's how I shot it:

1.  Shot the flying clay activator, then shot the two plates to the right of the activator - then hit the flying clay (no time wasted waiting on the clay to emerge).

2.  Spun to the right and shot the two plates on the far right while starting to move forward.

3.  Reloaded 6 rounds while running / paused to a slow walk and shot the two stationary clays to the right.

4.  Reloaded 2 rounds while running / came to a full stop and shot the 4 plates and 2 clays to the front / front-right side of the trail.

5.  Reloaded 4 rounds while running / shot the final 6 plates (2 off to the right and 4 straight ahead and off to the left) from one spot.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks - it was a really fun stage to shoot.  Obviously not as good as a video, but here's how I shot it:

1.  Shot the flying clay activator, then shot the two plates to the right of the activator - then hit the flying clay (no time wasted waiting on the clay to emerge).

2.  Spun to the right and shot the two plates on the far right while starting to move forward.

3.  Reloaded 6 rounds while running / paused to a slow walk and shot the two stationary clays to the right.

4.  Reloaded 2 rounds while running / came to a full stop and shot the 4 plates and 2 clays to the front / front-right side of the trail.

5.  Reloaded 4 rounds while running / shot the final 6 plates (2 off to the right and 4 straight ahead and off to the left) from one spot.  

That's how I broke it down and executed it except for the running part.  I've typically attacked shotgun stages where I'm walking forward and reloading... haven't tried the running reload.  I also overran (with my gun) two targets so that cost me at least 3 seconds and flat out missed the last one hiding around the corner.  Had to re-engage at the end. I was a little surprised that more guys didn't do the clay activator then the two steel then the clay.  That things was still at the top of the trees when I busted it.  I like those high flyers. Oh, I went the range to check my rifle because I made a horrible mess of stage 2.  Sure enough.... 6 inches off to the right at 50yds.  That'll teach me to not verify zero before a match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top