Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2011 11:14:10 AM EDT
Any place around San Antonio to buy a stripped lower?  Dury's is out, Powderhorn does not sell, Nagel's not answering the phone...etc.  Should not have missed the gun show last weekend, and really want to get up and running tomorrow?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Any place around San Antonio to buy a stripped lower? Dury's is out, Powderhorn does not sell, Nagel's not answering the phone...etc. Should not have missed the gun show last weekend, and really want to get up and running tomorrow?

Thanks

Call the Bullet Hole in Jourdanton.

Link Posted: 9/23/2011 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
would you consider driving to austin?
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Might drive to Austin if one can not be found local, always the Austin gun show this weekend.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I know of two vendors in austin that i'd rather do business with than here in SA. I didn't know there was a show this weekend in austin. good luck if you go.  there are some pretty good deals out there as prices have droped over the last few months (at least what I've seen at the shows.)
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#5]
i was at the Austin gun show last month.  there were quite a few dealers selling stripped AR15 lower receivers.  more than one dealer had quite a selection - about 9-10 different brands.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Hill Country Black rifles has a few spikes and megas in stock
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
i went to the Austn show this weekend.  i saw quite a few dealers with stripped AR15 lowers.  one guy had Spikes, Stag, DPMS, Rock River, Palmetto, Bushmaster, POF, and some others i hadn't ever heard of.  he had a table full of uppers too.  i didn't get the dealer's name since i didn't buy anything from them but i did hear them say they do the San Antonio SAXET Gun Show, which if i am not mistaken, is this coming weekend.  which is great since i have this coming weekend off too and it is closer than Fort Worth.

plus i can have my wife take the kids to Sea World while i go to the show and not hear a bunch of BS from her.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#8]
If you end up not finding anything locally, aim surplus has spikes lowers for 79 shipped (69 for blems).  Then all you have to do is find the place with the lowest transfer cost.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1STSL&name=Spike's+Tactical+AR15+Lower+Receiver&groupid=53
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 For aim surplus. Have a local FFL xfer it for you.  I used services from eagle21 in schertz last year.  Well under 100$ for a stripped lower!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top