Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2011 11:52:02 PM EDT
Hey guys, it's been brought to my attention that AR15Targets is again hosting night matches!

The next one they will be hosting is scheduled for May 14th @ 7:00PM

The Range, as with all AR15Targets/Texas State Tactical Matches, is the Astro Shooting Range in Florence Texas

check out the texas state tactical website HERE for additional information and rules
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
How many stages will there be?

Are you having it on Saturdays only because of the time change and how much later it actually gets darker now?

Will we now be getting done at or close to midnight?

Match fee cost?

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
"5. No steel case ammo allowed. (this does not differ from the range's normal policy but it needs to be made clear to everyone so they know about it.)"

This rule really sucks as steel is pretty much all I shoot and I've been dying to try my AK at one of these matches.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Per the higher-ups,

There will be 4 stages typically, with a 5th bonus stage with some AR15Targets Steel.  The match starts @ 7PM and will end approximately 9:30, 10PM is the absolute latest it will end.  (Although it isn't pitch black out at this time, it is still low light @ 7PM).  They moved it to the weekends to give people the opportunity to go who otherwise would have to be home for work the next day.

And yes....there is no steel cased ammo allowed....period....that's a major bummer, but that's a range rule.

Match Fee is 20.00

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Would love to attend, but note sure I can swing a shoot Saturday night and then 3 gun the next day.

Josh, you shooting both?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Astro Range is kind of a dump and the old couple that own it are a pair of assholes. Shot there once, never again. Adding the NO steel cased ammo, just adds another $25 to shooting a match, the rule is more stupid than NO FMJ.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Astro Range is kind of a dump and the old couple that own it are a pair of assholes. Shot there once, never again. Adding the NO steel cased ammo, just adds another $25 to shooting a match, the rule is more stupid than NO FMJ.

I sure wish ARC would string up some lights in the IDPA/IPSC bays so we can shoot at night.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't count on it. ARC just changed their rules from "shooting allowed 30 min after sunset" to "shooting must stop at sunset" due to neighbor complaints.

The fact is that no one, myself included, wants to hear shooting, boom boxes, rock concerts or harleys with straight pipes when they are trying to go to sleep and get up early in the morning.

Mike's old night shoots at the Hays County Range were well managed, started on time and ended before 9:00 PM. That's why he never tried to run them in the summer when it doesn't get dark until 9:00.

A few of the night shoots at BOTW didn't start until 7:30 and ran well beyond 9:00.  As a result, neighbors got pissed and no more night shoots there.

I hope things work out up at Astro.

Gringop
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
That is the way I understand it also, both at ARC and BOTW, ranges have to keep the neighbors happy, even if they were there first.  One neighbor with "deep pockets" can make life miserable for a range, even if they lose.  The costs to fight a suit are what does it.  It may not be fair, but that is just how it is!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Don't count on it. ARC just changed their rules from "shooting allowed 30 min after sunset" to "shooting must stop at sunset" due to neighbor complaints.

The fact is that no one, myself included, wants to hear shooting, boom boxes, rock concerts or harleys with straight pipes when they are trying to go to sleep and get up early in the morning.

Mike's old night shoots at the Hays County Range were well managed, started on time and ended before 9:00 PM. That's why he never tried to run them in the summer when it doesn't get dark until 9:00.

A few of the night shoots at BOTW didn't start until 7:30 and ran well beyond 9:00.  As a result, neighbors got pissed and no more night shoots there.

Gringop

Man I miss those night shoots out in Hays County.  Those were some real good times.   My head is still full of fuck over what happened at that range and it's been years ( range was destroyed; my recall of the details is fuzzy with time, but the view of the "lowered" berms and bulldozed target stands has stuck with me ).

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Gringop

Astro has an additional problem, one neighbor who moved up their in 1973 is very ANTI-GUN. His house got hit with rounds from Astro back when you had to shoot through little windows to control you muzzle. Knowing this, it looks like it may not end well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top