Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 9:09:46 AM EDT
So with the lockout in effect, I was thinking of some contingency plans for the Deathstar.  I think the players union will bow before the league due to all the big spenders out there who have mismanaged their funds and wont be able to live off the NFLPA $60K if the season is cancelled

The biggest gunshow in the world.  Imagine something on the scale of 10+ Dallas Market Hall shows at once.  Of course that means an ass load of beanie babies, chinese import garbage, candles, pewter, etc.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Make the gun show 9 times as big then add a 'catch the greezed wild hog contest in a pen in the corner' maybe for women...I wished I could get video loaded.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
good idea put the parking fee at about ...... i don't know..... $100
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
They should just move the Tulsa show here.  It's huge, but who wants to go to Tulsa anyway?!

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/frames.html

www.tulsaarmsshow.com:

Something to think about:    If all our tables (2800 8ft. and 1200 6ft.) were placed end to end they would stretch 5.7 miles!

If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,100 tables, You will have 15.8 seconds to look at each table.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe they could use it to play real futbol.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So with the lockout in effect, I was thinking of some contingency plans for the Deathstar.  I think the players union will bow before the league due to all the big spenders out there who have mismanaged their funds and wont be able to live off the NFLPA $60K if the season is cancelled

The biggest gunshow in the world.  Imagine something on the scale of 10+ Dallas Market Hall shows at once.  Of course that means an ass load of beanie babies, chinese import garbage, candles, pewter, etc.

Impossible!!

Such a gun show would so concentrate and deplete the supply of Jerky in the region, thus setting off a massive panic and then ensuing a disastrous financial tidal wave on Wall Street leading to the ruin and end of "civilization" as we know it.

Insert animation of panicked "On Noessss"
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They should just move the Tulsa show here.  It's huge, but who wants to go to Tulsa anyway?!

www.tulsaarmsshow.com:

Something to think about:    If all our tables (2800 8ft. and 1200 6ft.) were placed end to end they would stretch 5.7 miles!

If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,100 tables, You will have 15.8 seconds to look at each table.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw a winning team last year.  They actually beat a ranked opponent too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

www.tulsaarmsshow.com:

Speaking of Tulsa, what are the rules again for buying/selling for a TX resident traveling to OK?  Can I legally buy/sell to an individual/FFL?  I know I can buy from FFL and have it transfered but I thought rules have changed.  I'm asking because I might have to make this show since I can't wait for Jerry.  But if he did opt for a show, we'd stop complaining about Ft Worth parking fees.

ETA:  Looks like Texans can purchase rifles & shotguns in OK but handguns are still off limits.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe they could use it to play real futbol.  

They played real futbol at Jerry World before the Cowboys ever did.

And will continue to do so.

JJ wants $$$$ and doesn't care how he gets it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Speaking of Tulsa, what are the rules again for buying/selling for a TX resident traveling to OK?  Can I legally buy/sell to an individual/FFL?  I know I can buy from FFL and have it transfered but I thought rules have changed.  I'm asking because I might have to make this show since I can't wait for Jerry.  But if he did opt for a show, we'd stop complaining about Ft Worth parking fees.

ETA:  Looks like Texans can purchase rifles & shotguns in OK but handguns are still off limits.

A nonlicensee who is a Texas resident can acquire only rifles and shotguns from a licensed dealer when outside the state of Texas.
That means no deals with other nonlicensees and no handguns, AR lowers, frames, receiver or pistol grip only shotguns.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#12]
As far as gun shows, I got pissed at the $5 for the parking at the Ft Worth show, no way I'd go the $20 or so for event parking at the Deathstar.  Can we get some Park-N-Ride shuttles set up?

I have another idea:  
I'm thinking the THIS could draw bigger crowds than the Cowboys.  The slow-mo replays on the Jerry Tron would be pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#13]
How much to watch the gun show on the big screen in the parking lot?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They could pay to have the Sooners play all their home games in Dallas.

At least you guys would see a winning team.

I assume your talking about football and not basketball, right.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:33:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:20:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_396000/altImages/FF_396282ALT1_xl.jpg&w=400

I wouldn't wash my dog with that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Jerry is probably working in getting public executions right now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd pay for that.  Hell I'd pay the $20 parking!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Jerry is probably working in getting public executions right now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Doubleheaders??????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top