Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 6:55:13 PM EDT
If I have to live in town, do I want to live on the south side?
Particular schools?
Areas to avoid?
Child care?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]

most people do, unless you like living in the ghetto.
we're in whitehouse, it's very close to south tyler.  i went to HS in bullard, it's a little bit farther south, but tyler and bullard are expanding towards each other.
lindale is a nice area.  a bit farther from tyler, but good schools and most of the stores you would need are right there in lindale.  its also very close to the interestate if you like that.

Particular schools?  

some people try to avoid stewart middle school but i dont know really, i went to elem. and MS in plano. and if you're in south of tyler you probably wont have to try to hard to avoid john tyler unless you are on the west side of 155.  bullard, lindale, and whitehouse all rank better than tyler isd.

bullard isd
lindale isd
tyler isd
whitehouse isd

Areas to avoid?  

for what?  crime?  nothing to crazy around here.  even north tyler's not that bad.

Child care?

sorry, i dunno, my wife stayed home with our girl til she started pre k this year
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Particular schools?

Areas to avoid?

Child care?

Tyler is a great place to live and raise a family.  Salaries are good, home prices reasonable, and schools are good.  I live in Whitehouse as well, it's a great little community with good schools all around.  South Tyler, Bullard, Flint are also good areas to be in.  Avoid north Tyler.  

What ages are your kids and what type of child care do you need.

Igotaleadfoot - you and I ned to get together since we live in the same town...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#3]
It's official.  We'll be moving in about 6 weeks.

I'll be in town next week to scout for housing and childcare.

I've got 1 in kindergarten and one 8 months.  Private schools in the area seem on the costly side, I could send them to UT Tyler for less.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Whitehouse is the place to be.  I live in Dallas, spend lots of time in Tyler.  Tyler is one of my favorite towns in the whole state!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's official.  We'll be moving in about 6 weeks.

I'll be in town next week to scout for housing and childcare.

I've got 1 in kindergarten and one 8 months.  Private schools in the area seem on the costly side, I could send them to UT Tyler for less.

i know exactly what you mean, i'm taking classes at UT Tyler as well.

good luck on the hunt!  my wife would love to sell you our house!

maybe we can all get together when you get down here.  tuesday november 17 is the ducks unlimited banquet.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Could you guys recommend me a local bank?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top