Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2007 5:48:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#1]
It was signed by the State House and Senate and went to Perry's desk on May 26. The history does not show whether or not it was signed into law yet. I expect it will be signed though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:46:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems like some in the legal system want to stay with the old law...how can they do that if it is changed? I don't understand.

"On the District Attorney Association's public user forums, a discussion occurred that gives a good idea of what the arguments will ultimately look like when this plays out in court. Several prosecutors are looking for a way to agree with Mr. Rosenthal. A Department of Public Safety lawyer announced she thought the old court cases on "traveling" were still applicable, while another from Columbus announced:

I am giving the officers in my county the following instructions:

A person is not a traveler unless he is on an overnight trip, still in the course of the journey, and has not reached his destination."

If it is changed it seems they have to change with it...can someone file suit for wrongful arrest??
I know most will say get a CHL and then don't worry bout it...but until I can get my CHL I would like to be able to carry without the worry of going to jail.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Seems like some in the legal system want to stay with the old law...how can they do that if it is changed? I don't understand.

"On the District Attorney Association's public user forums, a discussion occurred that gives a good idea of what the arguments will ultimately look like when this plays out in court. Several prosecutors are looking for a way to agree with Mr. Rosenthal. A Department of Public Safety lawyer announced she thought the old court cases on "traveling" were still applicable, while another from Columbus announced:

I am giving the officers in my county the following instructions:

A person is not a traveler unless he is on an overnight trip, still in the course of the journey, and has not reached his destination."

If it is changed it seems they have to change with it...can someone file suit for wrongful arrest??
I know most will say get a CHL and then don't worry bout it...but until I can get my CHL I would like to be able to carry without the worry of going to jail.

The first link goes to a post from sept 2005.  

As of sept 1st of this year, it is not a crime to have a handgun concealed in your vehicle.  If you are arrested for UCW then you have a decent case against the arresting officer, DA, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top