Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 9:08:27 AM EDT
 TRG,

Since Canton has a VFD, we all know budgets are always under scrutiny.  If the request for the cutter does not get approved, or gets deferred....how much does one cost?  

Getting this group to donate or agree to anything is tougher than herding cats.  If the system is unable to provide, maybe we could be Plan B?  I've got $100 on it now, if needed.

Our way of thanking the Canton VFD.

mm
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 TRG,

Since Canton has a VFD, we all know budgets are always under scrutiny.  If the request for the cutter does not get approved, or gets deferred....how much does one cost?  

Getting this group to donate or agree to anything is tougher than herding cats.  If the system is unable to provide, maybe we could be Plan B?  I've got $100 on it now, if needed.

Our way of thanking the Canton VFD.

mm

Is this some kind of joke. Cus it's not funny.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Nope, not a joke.  TRG mentioned they did not have one and he has put in a request.  I can imagine that they are quite expensive and many, most, VFDs cannot afford brand new equipment.  A couple of VFDs in Dallas county depend on private donations to afford turnout gear.

What I am hoping is that the Canton VFD will get the pedal cutter they need...even if it depends on private donations to get it.

mm
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#3]
What would they need to cut the brake pedal for?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Mini Cutter
Light weight, highly portable and self-contained the Mini-Cutter lets you work in areas where bigger tools just don't cut it. The small size makes it ideal for cutting brake pedals, locks, bars, locking devices and other types of material. Comes in self-contained package with attractive carrying case, hose and hand pump.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What would they need to cut the brake pedal for?[/

Just think if someone was in a accident and their foot was stuck below it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What would they need to cut the brake pedal for?

It's also known as a confined space cutter.  Often, a victim in a motor vehicle accident will be trapped in the vehicle by the steering wheel, pedals, console, roof, handbrake, etc...

If the vehicle is on its wheels, you could go in and use the porta power to "roll" the dash so you can get them out.  If it is on the roof, you will either have to cut or bend....you could put a rope or strong webbing on the pedal and try to bend it out of the way.  If you can't bend it, or if the pedal is stuck(stabbed) in the victim you will have to cut with either a saw or a cutter.

The confined space cutter is very small compared to other cutters, it should be able to fit where ever you could reach in with your hand.  This allows for the fireman to place it between the victim, the displaced car seat and the dash.

mm
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, not a joke.  TRG mentioned they did not have one and he has put in a request.  I can imagine that they are quite expensive and many, most, VFDs cannot afford brand new equipment.  A couple of VFDs in Dallas county depend on private donations to afford turnout gear.

What I am hoping is that the Canton VFD will get the pedal cutter they need...even if it depends on private donations to get it.

mm

I'll chip in.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

mm

I'll chip in.

MM38,

Our Fireman's fund is always open for donations, but I think we have enough in the fund to cover the cutter.  We have talked about purchasing one before, but our limited number of rollover/confined extrications is thankfully limited.

We only make a handful of SHTF motor vehicle accidents each year.  TRA's accident was hte exception to the rule.

I am talking with our committee aboutthe purchase, right now we are in the process of collecting info needed to makea purchase.

Although I apreciate the gesture, I am 99% sure we can budget for the tool.  We are purchasing a replacement pump for one of our sets of extrication tools right no, and we mightbe able to swing a deal on the cutter.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

MM38,

Our Fireman's fund is always open for donations, but I think we have enough in the fund to cover the cutter.  We have talked about purchasing one before, but our limited number of rollover/confined extrications is thankfully limited.

We only make a handful of SHTF motor vehicle accidents each year.  TRA's accident was hte exception to the rule.

I am talking with our committee aboutthe purchase, right now we are in the process of collecting info needed to makea purchase.

Although I apreciate the gesture, I am 99% sure we can budget for the tool.  We are purchasing a replacement pump for one of our sets of extrication tools right no, and we mightbe able to swing a deal on the cutter.

TRG

Ok, then how do we donate to the Fireman's Fund?

mm
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MM38,

TRG

Ok, then how do we donate to the Fireman's Fund?

mm

www.cantonfiredepartment.com/cfddonations.html

Make the check payable to Canton Fireman's Fund.

We always appreciate donations and we even send a thank you card.

I should point out that we are also funded through a City budget, county funds and our Fill the Boot drive.  We are not scaping by on bare threads in Canton.  Lots of things we need, it is just a matter of budgetting.

donations are always appreciated, but we do make ends meet day to day with the funds that we have incoming.

TRG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top