Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 5:47:31 PM EDT
I am thinking about SBR for my Bushy and was wondering if anyone has any experience with getting Sheriff Tommy Gage to sign off on the paperwork.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Bring your forms to the sheriff's department and leave them with his secretary.  They will run a background check on you and call you in a few days after the forms have been signed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Why bother, just do the Trust or LLC thingy and not worry about it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:47:39 AM EDT
[#3]
LLC is a great seconf choice. A signoff is still the preferred route, where available.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:46:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
LLC is a great seconf choice. A signoff is still the preferred route, where available.

Why ? just wondering, does it go through the ATF faster ? I know we can forget any
Sign off in Harris county.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#5]
My understanding is that the HCSO will again sign for SBR's, SBS's, AOW's, and occasionally MG's - as long as you reside in an unincorporated part of the county. Still no-go on suppressors.

With a signoff, the weapon is yours for life. No further paperwork ever required as long as the weapon remains in the same state. With LLC and Corp, you gave annual paperwork due every year to keep the entity "alive." Yes, LLC and Corp paperwork go through faster than signoff, but signoff trumps LLC / Corp in the long run.

FYI, Montgomery County S.O. will sign.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't have a problem with the sheriff. Dropped off my forms and got a call 2 days later that they were ready.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Didn't have a problem with the sheriff. Dropped off my forms and got a call 2 days later that they were ready.

Which county, and what type of weaponry?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
He signed my Form 1 for an SBR and Form 4 for a suppressor. Took him a couple days for the background check.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which county, and what type of weaponry?

Montgomery county. I got an M16 from Derek at Sportsmans.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Derek is good people.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#11]
OK, Keith what would be the best way for me being in Harris county for getting
A muffler from you for my AR ? LLC or Trust ?, last week went and bought Quicken
Will maker for the Trust thing. For now just playing the the Quicken program to get
A feel for it, but have made no commitments on it yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top