Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 4:31:49 PM EDT
I am in Frisco.  Where is the best place to take the first time CHL class?  Doesn't have to be the cheapest, I want a good instructor and decent facility.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Would recommend The Bullet Trap in Plano, took my renewal there last fall.

www.bullettrapinc.com
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I recommend Larry Bartek.  He's Plano PD, excellent instructor and knows his stuff.  Not sure where he is doing his quals now, since he was using Backwoods Traps.   [email protected]  

www.handguninstructor.com/
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I can advise you check out D&L Training Academy. http://mychl.com/, I work with the owner in his "other" gig and its his family business. They hold the classes in a single day and provide Glocks for use in the training. Its his family business and they are great to deal with. They have a booth at most of the DFW shows and hold the class at the Bass Pro Shops range. Good people. -22
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I second Bullet Trap.  They have it down to a science. You can get your passport photos, prints and everything done there for one price.

P.S.  I'm in Frisco too.

BBB
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:24:14 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the replies, I will check them out
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#6]
My vote is on Larry Bartech.  He is a top notch instructor.  He goes beyond the normal CHL class.  He includes some very good gun handling skills.  The classes have a freindly feel.  He works on shooting skills before you qualify by shooting targets with .22's that he supplies.  If you have been shooting a while the class is fun.  Even if you have never picked up a handgun he helps bring you up to speed and confortable before qualifing.  My wife and I took it about 4 months ago and she loved it.  She normally doesn't care to go to the range with me, but she was ready to sign up for an advanced class after this one.  

www.handguninstructor.com

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top